Torbay Dementia leadership Group Meeting

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Hello all I have just come back from a great Torbay Dementia leadership group meeting. We had a visitor, who was the co-ordinator of the Torbay Links group,
(for anybody who doesn’t know what a “LINKS GROUP” is, it’s an organisation which brings all the health and well being organisations and charities together, listens to their concerns and tries to rectify them by putting the questions to the appropriate authorities, or to put it simply (“Giving People a voice” )
She had heard about our group and wanted to know more. After we had discussed business she was very happy to say she wanted to work with us to make difference and an improvement to how dementia patients and their carer`s are treated within Torbay.
This is not only great news for the group to be recognised in such a way but for Torbay in general. Hopefully things will now begin to happen because of this.
As we broke for lunch we swapped cards with e mails and phone numbers on and she noticed that I had written two books, and one of them was a poem book. She asked me if I had heard of the poem “I haven’t got the Plague” which she has in pride of place next to her dear late father’s photo that had died of Alzheimer’s.
She was thrilled when I told her that not only had I read it, but it was me who WROTE IT!!! LOL LOL LOL
As they say, its such a small world LOL LOL so a good day all in all, hope everybody happy, healthy and wise, best wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxxxxxx