too young to have all this rubbish but

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
bob is 62 i am 58 have had years and years of this dementia
lost home etc --- long story
but drink is not the way to go i might not be making a lot of sence but it only puts a blanket on how you really feel
it feels like i am giving up on bob
i am not
sorry bel

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Dear Bel
It is a very hard and long road - you are certainly not giving up on Bob. Be fair to yourself, you have done your very utmost.

I found I drank alot because of this wretched illness, but Ihave cut down and nearly stopped 'comfort' drinking. I do feel alot better healthwise for it; now I know it will not help the dementia problem and only makes me feel awful.

Take care of yourself now. Love Jan

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear bel

You are both so young and have struggled for such a long time.
Why do you feel you are giving up on Bob?
You have been so positive with him and devoted your life to trying to make things as good as possible for him.
And I think you have neglected yourself in looking after Bob.
I know drink is not the answer.
The only answer I can think of is to try to get as much help as possible.
Love xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Bel, it is a path that many of us have trod, but in the lomg run does not help.

You are both still so young to have travelled this journey into dementia. No words of wisdom to offer, just the hand of friendship. Remember we are always here to listen.

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Dear Bel

it feels like i am giving up on bob
i am not

No you are not giving up on Bob X
You are giving up on "YOU".

I love a drink Bel:)
BUT.
Enough is enough.
I think tonight you were under the influence of drink, am I right ?.
Forgive me if I am wrong X. Please forgive me if I am wrong.
But you, you need helpXX
I care about you, and Bob. So do many others.
Talk.
It does help.
Barb XX & Ron ZZZZZZ
Barb

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear bel

No-one could ever think you were giving up on Bob. You have devoted so many years to caring for him, and to keeping things as normal as possible.

I have so much admirstion for you.

It sounds as if you have reached a crisis point. Could you tell us about it? I promise you, we'll try to help.

Love,

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Bel,

but drink is not the way to go i might not be making a lot of sence but it only puts a blanket on how you really feel

We all know this....but late at night when you're on your own it's all to easy...I too have done this in the past...before I found TP all I could see was a dark road ahead.

It's still a dark road...but there are lights along the way.

You've done you utmost to help Bob...and of course you're not giving up on him...

Don't give up on yourself either...you're a very special lady.

We're all here to help..and we'll do our best for you.

Love gigi xx

roundy

Jan 1, 2009
southport
Don't know the full story,new to all this but sounds like you weren't in a great place last night,it so hard but from with all the replies you have had people on here think you are quite special.
We have all been there,gosh my liver has took a good battering this past year!I have no words really,just I will be thinking of you.
Love Lisa.xxx

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
Bel,
Iam with everyone of our friends here, you are doing so well, come to TP for comfort & understanding. There are so many lovely people with excellent advice here.

((((((HUGS))))))

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Bel
you are both so young.
I can appreciate looking after the nearest person to your heart.
You are strong and you will come through it all.
Get all the help that you can,so many on here who know what is like to see their partner suffer.
Thinking of you
Norman

makalu

Nov 2, 2008
West Sussex
Come on girl...!

Youve got this far, dont cave in now! I lived with my dads alcoholism for 20 years and now he is 60 and suffering from Picks Disease. I know how you feel it is easy to pick up a bottle I have to say since November I have been partial to a Jack Daniels or ten in the evening, but you must look at each day as a new day and not dwell on the past which you cannot change. Each day i wake up and thank the lord that its another day I can visit my dad and cherish each and every moment, and know that me and mum have done the best we could for him. Its a long hard road but there will be good times, dont let the bad take over. Lots of love to you all.