Tom going into hospital today

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
We are leaving for the hospital in about an hour I'm still not sure if I have made the right decision. Although it now only take a few minutes of walking before he complains of pain in his calf. He is due to have angioplasty to open an artery in his thigh, he will just have an overnight stay. (he will not need a general anesthetic)

I am just hoping (praying) that if it a normal surgical ward there will be enough staff if he needs anything while I'm no there (will stay as long as I can)

Why does everything have to be so difficult.

Oh for one quiet boring day:rolleyes::confused:

Love Helen x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I hope the staff are able to communicate with Tom, Helen.

The angioplasty is OK, he won`t feel any pain , just a heavy pressure in his groin. I just hope the medics will tell him what they are doing as they are doing it.
There will be no soreness afterwards. He will have a heavy dressing on the opening.

Good luck.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Sylvia

Yes my biggest fear is that they will not keep telling him what is happening and he will forget and get upset, although he does (sometimes) seem to understand what is going to happen.

The main thing is his blindness, some nurses are not good at helping or walking with someone without sight.

Helen

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Helen

I hope you will be able to have a word.
I would also ask if the staff on today`s shift will make sure the night shift is informed of Tom`s difficulties on the change over.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Helen,

Thinking of you both. Fingers crossed you get really good staff day and night.

Love x

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Tom is now having the procedure done so there is a bed somewhere. Bit worried he is now getting tired and confused. Still most staff are good only shouted at the silly woman who tried to insist that I left Tom onhis own while we waited.:eek:

Helen x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Helen,

Hope the procedure goes well and that Tom settles well once they've found where he is to stay for the night!!

Love x