Today the imaginary dog visited. 3 days in a row.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
My daughter and I visited dad today. We were greeted by dad today who told us that the dog was on his bed. I've got used to this as it has been 3 days in a row. I had already explained to my daughter the night before what had been going on.This dog was a female spaniel liver and white. She apparently sniffs out mines in Afghanistan where dad served( no he didn't ) and Egypt ( where he did serve. I just go along with it as it's easier and does no harm.We have nice little chats about this dog. Dad had a spaniel when he was a child. Unfortunately it was shot in front of him by his father when he was a child. So I guess that had come to the forefront.The family was moving to the mainland.
Dad was in bed having been asked by the carers if he was getting up.
When we arrived he seemed in a happy mood.He had lunch and then hoisted him into a wheelchair and into the conservatory so he could see the garden. That lasted all of 45 mins. He had had enough and wanted the commode. He was adamant he could walk.So I said if he could that would be great. Of course he got nowhere.We assisted him onto the commode and then back into bed.We put him onto a inco bed sheet so if there was any dirt from him it would save the sheet. No pad so everything could be aired.He was creamed all over, especially his heels. We got him ready for bed so when the carers came there wouldn't be much to do.Just put some washing on the line as the sling had to be washed.He had tea with us.
I also noticed today that the muscle under the chin is bigger on the left. It is a slack muscle on the side where he had a stroke..Today you can notice that he looks different. It looks like he has had more TIA's. I have contacted the doctor @ hallucinations ) infection.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
My mum used to have a visit from a little girl, who always wore green hair ribbons. She was perfectly content with her company, so we, like you , just used to talk about her.

Not a lot would could do , even if we wanted to, totally imaginary. She'd seen her repeatedly, so why contradict?

Fine line between hallucinations and dreams

jenny-b

Aug 11, 2022
My father used to climb over a 'dog' on the landing. He looked like John Cleese doing the Ministry of Silly Walks act. Always the same black dog in the same place at roughly the same time of night. Mum used to worry he would fall down the stairs we installed a stair gate. I owned a black Labrador although my father never met her I did talk about her.

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
Imaginary dog, wonderful, the best sort!
No dog hairs on the sofa or carpet, no walks on a wet cold night, and no wet doggy smells that just won't go away.

Bod

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Is he happy just imagining the dog or would he benefit from having one? Not a real one of course but there are plenty of toy liver and white spaniels available online.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I did think that but he would know the difference. He seems happy enough with the imaginary one at the moment.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzieMK27