Today I lost the plot

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Today I really lost it, shouting, swearing, crying (a tiny bit)
I just got so frustrated with not being able to do all the things that I want to do and
equally as frustrated that my brain doesn't do what I want it to do either:mad::mad::mad:
why doesnt it remember! why cant I think of alternatives when I can't do what I want it to!

Now I must qualify this with the fact that I have been reading brilliant book on vulnerability called Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
I came across her work on you tube

I guess letting down my guard was being Daring GREATLY for me!

here is the first video that I watched

http://youtu.be/iCvmsMzlF7o

I am daring grately by telling you this but I hope my vulnerability helps others to realise they are not alone!

Last edited:

Pookie

Dec 29, 2011
Hello so sorry your having a bad day.I hope you have a better time later on.
Pleaze be gentle with your self. Loveus2

Peter&Jean Ugly

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Today I really lost it, shouting, swearing, crying (a tiny bit)
I just got so frustrated with not being able to do all the things that I want to do and
equally as frustrated that my brain doesn't do what I want it to do either:mad::mad::mad:
why doesnt it remember! why cant I think of alternatives when I can't do what I want it to!

I guess letting down my guard was being Daring GREATLY for me!

I am daring grately by telling you this but I hope my vulnerability helps others to realise they are not alone!

Dear Sarah

Sorry you lost the plot, I did last week.:eek::( Not sure I've got the plot back again;) but am on a slightly better keel?! but know it can change again.

Got some ideas that may help you but not now, will PM you.

You do help me by what you write so thank you - but sorry you feel so vulnerable.

Hope you feel better as the evening comes and experience peace and calm
love
Sue

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
HI Sarah

Don’t let yourself get to anxious about having a bad moment as I quiet often have the same problem, as I know all too well just how frustrating it can be when things we want to do just don’t go the way they should but it happens to us all the have any type of dementia and I know and understand what you mean about ‘letting your guard slip even for a short moment in time’ as that’s something that I’m always afraid of doing and then the dementia seem to slip through the back door that little bit more when our guard is low...

Just keep fighting at it as your doing so well
Best wishes
Barry

1 Why oh Why 009.jpg

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Oh Sarah I just caught up with this thread, I am so sorry you have been having a sad time, I hope you and you knee are feeling better soon ,

Hugs from Jeany xx

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Get Well Soon ........

Sarah , Hope you are feeling more peaceful today & hope your knee is less painful & just a thought if it is painful a warm Hot Water bottle might be a good idea to rest on your poorly knee ! ( the warmth will help take the pain away )

Much Love & Kind thoughts

Grove x x x

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Today I have taken it easy I felt very lazy.
No ironing!
My knee feels a bit better as I have rested it so hopefully tomorrow it will be loads better
I did feel bad while everyone else was beavering about
Tonight I have been looking at some old family photos that I have scanned and uploaded onto my laptop My great Grandfather had one eye smaller than the other and it obviously carried on down the line!
Wht did my Great Grandmother use the silver teapot when having afternoon tea in the garden?
Absolutely fascinating:)

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Am very pleased you have rested all day Sarah & your knee is feeling a little better :)

You are lucky having Photo's of your Great Grand Father ! have never seen any photo 's of my Great Grand Parents

Hope your knee is much better soon & you have a good weekend

Love Grove x