Time and tide

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Time and
Tide

Just like the saying “Time and Tide wait for no man (or woman) “then neither does Alzheimer`s.

Every morning when I awake I am so thankful I have survived another night. They are so much longer these days and yes the days seem shorter. I remember a time when if I woke at two of three in the morning I used to think “WOW” is it only that time, more sleep for me!!! Nowadays because I am up and down on average six/seven times a night when I look at the clock I am wishing that is daylight and I can get up!!

I don’t think it’s so much the “more” getting up as this usually just makes me more tired but I really do think that it’s a couple of things, please, let me (TRY LOL) and explain.

I think because it’s a fatal disease, and please, let’s make no mistake about this, unless a cure is found, it certainly is, then the fear of dying is implanted somewhere deep inside my head and being up and about in the daylight hours is my way of knowing I am ok, I have survived another day to fight this awful disease.
Another way of looking at it is because I am so determined to win this battle I am in; I don’t want to miss a single second of this wonderful life!!!! And part of winning this battle is accepting my disease and trying to raise as much awareness about it as I can.

When I speak at conferences ECT I always say the following.
“I cannot understand why “Dementia doesn’t get the same funding as the other big Charities such as the Heart foundation or Cancer UK” Did you know that Dementia only gets an EIGHTH of the funding the other two charities get from the Government in the UK!”! How is this possible??

“I have met someone who had a brain tumour and survived, I have met people who had cancer and survived and I know many people who have had heart attacks and survived BUT?????????

I have never met anybody who has had Alzheimer`s and survived!!!!

Maybe this is why I don’t sleep as well as I did?

Maybe my strength and desire to survive is so strong I don’t want to sleep in?

Maybe I just don’t want to miss a thing and cherish as much as I can from this life?

But do you know what I think??

I think it’s because I know I have so much left to do and so much more to give!! I am just not ready yet for throwing in the towel!!
So I am afraid you are going to have to put up with me a little bit longer yet (Hopefully a lot longer LOL) and I am SURE, together, we will see that all elusive cure developed!! Have faith my friends and remember, where there is HOPE life will always find a way xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Best wishes, Norrms, Elaine and family xxxxxxxxxxxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRINCESSB