Thought we were past this stage

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by Dawnee1418, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Dawnee1418

Dawnee1418 Registered User

Feb 22, 2015
    My father seemed to have got past the stage of been up & down all night & aggressive but after being found on the floor last Wednesday morning & the GP has stopped some of his tablets amytriptelene for example that was keeping him calm,instead of gradually reducing the so he's now awake & aggressive tonight instead of sleeping, my mothers in tears & I feel like pulling my hair out as I could end up having a seizure.

2. Kazza72

Kazza72 Registered User

Feb 10, 2015
    West London
    Aaaah dawneee sorry to hear that. I'm having the same thing with my mum. 3rd day in a row of her agitation and aggression. I'm waiting for an ambulance to take her now but 2.5 hours later and still no sign of it arriving....

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

3. Lindy50

Lindy50 Registered User

Dec 11, 2013
    Cotswolds
    So sorry, dawnee to hear this :(

It doesn't sound like you can can all carry on like this. Have you contacted the GP again to explain and ask for a review of the situation?

All the best :)

Lindy xx

4. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    Back to gp as emergency. Now!