This is ridiculous

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
I was happyish earlier today and for no real reason am reduced to tears again. What the dickens is wrong with me??? This is stupid. I have a supportive hubby, I have SW coming to assess MIL as you all know. But now this again.......

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Its probably a reaction to a little easing of the stress - you have been wound up like a coiled spring for so long - something like this is likely to happen.

Just go with the flow (no pun intended) and maybe do something away from TP that is relaxing if possible?

Take care

xx

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
I am going with the flow........in the loo :eek: If I keep this up I will lose weight!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
For sure it's the pent up emotions due to all the stress you've been experiencing. Just go with it and cry. You obviously need to!!

janma221

Apr 23, 2013
Powys
It's when you stop banging your head against a brick wall that it hurts. Just go easy on yourself you have done more than enough to look after her despite the way she treats you so give yourself a pat on the back and chocolate too of course.
Jan xxx

sweetmole

Sep 8, 2012
It's very natural. I often have many moments like that and it happens when I least expect it.

You have a place here on TP where people are supportive.

Vlmh

Jun 9, 2013
Never posted before but have found it helpful to read in the past. My dad in NH as of 8 weeks ago. He went into hospital beginning of December and has early onset so last 3 years have been intense to say the least. I've gone with it as much as I can but its only since he's been safe and away that my body's had the opportunity to start dealing and suddenly cry at strangest things. Before I was living minute to minute never sure what would come next. Crying doesn't mean there's something wrong with you, just means you are feeling something - whether that's exhaustion, relief, loss or something else entirely, its a release. And it'll come when it comes, however inconvenient that can be (panda eyes at work was so not the look I was going for!). It helps me so much knowing we're not alone and hope it helps you knowing we've all felt the same. Take care

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
I think sometimes, when you're upset and been undergoing an ordeal, and someone is unexpectedly kind to you, it starts you crying and I think that is what you are experiencing. You feel that now help is at hand, you are suddenly relieved and can let go. As others have said, it is pent up emotion being released. Doesn't feel like it but it is good for you to let it out. You feel drained afterwards but then later you'll feel much better. Are you planning your caravan trip yet?

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
It's very natural. I often have many moments like that and it happens when I least expect it.

You have a place here on TP where people are supportive.

Im feeling like that at the moment , 1954 this a great place where you get wonderful support.:):):)

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
I think sometimes, when you're upset and been undergoing an ordeal, and someone is unexpectedly kind to you, it starts you crying and I think that is what you are experiencing. You feel that now help is at hand, you are suddenly relieved and can let go. As others have said, it is pent up emotion being released. Doesn't feel like it but it is good for you to let it out. You feel drained afterwards but then later you'll feel much better. Are you planning your caravan trip yet?

MIL has got respite she is paying for in 4 weeks time and we are going to go caravanning then. I am hoping (she had better or I'll make such a fuss) she will get in quicker after our SS assessment next week and we plan to go caravanning immediately the moment she walks into respite!

Hubby good, because I said will you want to visit her whilst she is in respite. He said why? It will defeat the object of her going in and anyway they can amuse her better then we can. Great!

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
How are things today, 1954? Is the SW going to update you on the situation, i.e. when exactly next week your MIL will go into respite - I presume you have agreed a place - have you visited? I had a choice of a couple and one seemed much better than the other so I had to make a quick decision and opted for the slightly shabby but more homely and friendly place.

Hope you are feeling better and looking forward to getting away. Where are you going? The weather seems to have changed today here - pouring with rain which is a relief - but I expect it's due to get hot again.....

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Thank you for asking. I feel 'low' but I suppose that is to be expected. No contact yet about when they are coming to assess MIL. The respite we have booked and paying for is a place locally which I actually went to for a job so had a really good look around but not sure if I would want her in permanently and also they insisted MIL only had mild dementia as they can not take severe dementia clients.

I don't know the process so am very naive about the whole thing. I don't know what to expect. Not agreed a place for them to 'send' her to. This is all so confusing but I suppose it is for everyone when it is the first time

We don't care if it snows and floods when we go away :D We will have each other to ourselves for a couple of days which we need. I don't mean to be horrible to MIL

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
She is just off to the day centre. We are going to de-flea the house then go out. Fleas still jumping over us and hubby been bitten to pieces!

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
Is MIL the cause of the flea plague?:)

1954 - I don't know if I posted in the right thread as you have so many!! Hope you're keeping a look out on all of them.

I wouldn't care about the weather either; in fact, it doesn't worry me anyway but hope you can get out and about a bit in the fresh air.

You could try looking on the internet to research care homes locally and their CCQ accreditation. I asked people I knew if they had any recommendations, even second-hand. It is a difficult job choosing the right place. Does your MIL like to get involved in activities with other people? You could find out what they offer. With my mother going into respite, the stage she is at, the room was not important to her at all, so as long as it was clean and tidy and had everything she needed I was happy with it. But your MIL may be more choosy?!!

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
I am going with the flow........in the loo :eek: If I keep this up I will lose weight!

A doctor once explained it to me that I had been like a lioness in a cage protecting my young (change that to old for this one) fighting every thing that needed to be fought to do right by them.

Then when the fight is over you are simply exhausted and that was when my tears came.

I hope this makes sense to you as it did to me all those years ago. I've never forgotten it though.