Things to do at the nursing home

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by Jellybeanjugler, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Jellybeanjugler

Jellybeanjugler Registered User

Mar 14, 2004
    NJ
    Hello everyone! As an activities assistant I am always trying to think of new crafts, games, poems, and jokes for the residents. If any of you have a good idea or may have seen something done somewhere else let me know I would love to share them with the residents I work with.

2. Linda

Linda Registered User

Feb 22, 2004
    Newcastle
    Activities

Hi
    I used to be an activity organiser in a Nursing Home for Dementia Clients. i went on a course called SONAS aPc which stands for Activating Potential For Communication. I have found this very useful and enjoyable for myself and the clients i have worked with. if you are interested you can contact the organisers their website address is www.sonasapc.ie.
    Good Luck with your work I hope your clients will benefit from this information

Linda Care Home Manager