Things just get better

Elaine68

Jul 20, 2017
Sheffield
Hi everyone had so much on with St Lukes nurse coming in to talk to us and put things in place when needed which is not yet plus district nurses and practice nurses all in and out like yoyo's.
Went to the hospital Thursday for OH's review and well he's got no better and he's got no worse just stable so next wednesday they are going to give him IV Iron infusion to see if that boosts his red cells up so lots of support if I need it.
The alzheimers and Parkinsons I have noticed that side of his illness is getting worse sorry to say and that worries me so much.
Must tell you all I had flowers delivered reading the card with them they were from my OH saying thank you for all you do for me great but then I thought how did he order flower's and come to think of it how did he pay so I asked him and he said I don't remember ordering them I said you did pay didn't you I don't know came the answer bless him then it came to me our son was here Friday and my OH must have said to him I want flower's for your mum and he's the one that ordered and paid for them that really brought a lump in my throat through all this he thanks me and says I love you so much what more could I ask for.

Elaine68

Jul 20, 2017
Sheffield
Well we went to hospital last Wednesday and OH had his Iron IV infusion which took 20mins and all the time he was monitored by a lovely nurse doing his bp, pulse, heart rate and oxygen intake everything looks good which we are pleased about. Emotionally I am all over the place I do wonder if they told us abit too soon about palliative care because since not having to go to hospital everyday for IV his breathing is much better now he's back on his water tablets. I have been thrown that much Iinformation from different doctor's, nurses , heart team and district nurse's which is all swimming around in my head that when I go to bed all I can do is sort it and put it in to place were ever it fits then when I get up I feel worn out. I could sit and cry but if I do I will never stop, I am angry with my self because I cannot get my OH better I feel I have failed in my caring, then I feel happy that he's got up breathing the next morning but then I hit this low and feel I have lost him to this alzheimers so may be I am grieving before anything does happen.
I have been down this road 3yrs ago when I was sent for to go to hospital as he was on his death bed and told he was dieing that day but they got him stable next day he rings me up to say was I visiting him 2 day's after that he had heart surgery, 2 weeks after that he had his lung stuck back and drained so I have had him 3yrs longer than what they said could they be wrong this time apart from his alzheimers so all that comes back on top of this.
He's a fighter and he will not go easy.

Quenelise

Oct 7, 2017
He sounds like an amazing person, and so are you. None of this is your fault. He is not the only fighter in your family. You are just as stron. You both have been through so much, for so long. You are not a failure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tired2023