They can't take that away from me

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
Hello Mjaqmac
Congratulations on your book ,it is giving me a great deal of pleasure
I just wondered if it would give sales a boost if some of the music could be played on Music Thread

If for example I posted something like this

" Did you know that a favourite song of Amanda Redman is

( Utube Link ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~)

If you want to know why read the book just published by our own member of TP
entitled "You can't take that away from ne " (details on the thread of that name ) its full of wonderful tunes and memories of famous people from stage , screen .t v , politics etc, etc,

(a) would this be a breach of the copyright ??
and more importantly
(b) would you approve ??

Maybe a daft idea

jimbo 111

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Magic,

I ordered and received my copy this week.

What a great job you have done! For my part, I would have bought the book if it only contained your introduction.

Although I remembered much of your moving story from the time it was unfolding, you have written it so well, and so closely to what so many of us have also experienced in one way or another, and it is a tribute to you, and all members of your family.

I haven't yet had time to do more than flick through the rest of the book, my eye alighting on people and music that snap pages into focus as I pass quickly by. I look forward to setting some time aside to read from start to finish!

The topic of music is such a great one to have focussed on. When I put an iPod and speakers in Jan's home, and filled her room with music we had both shared and loved, little did I know that soon it would be moved to the lounge where she sat, and that the other residents would also appreciate it, to the extent that I eventually put a second system into a second lounge. For all I know the music is playing there to the present day.

You've done a brilliant job. Please do keep in touch.

Bruce
xxx

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Hi Braveheart

Braveheart my dear friend, it's so lovely to hear from you!
I'm so glad you got the book. You were with me (in cyber space) throughout it all, your words and advice constantly sustained, comforted and helped me. The first words you ever wrote to me when I came on TP and I was a mess were;
'Look in the mirror, there you see a hero'. I'll never forget it, it helped me so much and made me feel stronger. Then you became one of my heros!
I hope you are well, you're a wonderful man and have helped me so much through the nightmarish years.
Dad is in bad decline, he's stooped and frail and fading before my eyes, the long goodbye continues. This book is my way of still trying to fight this monster.
Thanks for eveything B, I hope you enjoy the book and don't forget to read the acknowledgements!
Magic xx

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Radio

I've just done an interview on BBC Merseyside, I was so nervous, I'm not good at this publicity stuff, but if one listener buys the book then it's worth the nerves.

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Braveheart, thanks for the lovely review, much appreciated. Reveiws are important, I always decide if I'm going to buy something if it has good reviews or bad!

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Help

Hi, it would be great if you could go to this page and like it please, that's if I can get the link to work!

http://musicalmemories4alzheimers.wordpress.com/tag/jackie-mcgregor/

I've posted on the main thread too and I'm saying the same thing here really.
Basically if people could click on the link and press the 'like' button and also share on their facebook it would be great. The more people who get to know about this book the more chance of another sale which means more money for The Alz Society to where I will be giving my royalties.
Alz stole both of my parents and this is my way of trying to put something in the pot to help fight back at this monster and help those coming behind us who will also fall victim to it.

Thank you so much for your help.

Last edited:

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Dlt magic

Hi everyone

I'm on the Dave Lee Travis (DLT) radio show in the morning (Sun) Magic FM about book and Alz. It's on between 10am-1pm hope it generates more sales.

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Hi everyone
I'm just posting a little reminder about my charity book They Can't take that away from me. It's on sale at Amazon and there's 20% off at Accent Press if you are an Alz Society Member. It would make a nice Xmas gift as it's not all about Alz but is a collection of over 200 celebrities fav songs and the memory the song evokes for them. There's lots of stars including Kim Cattrall, Judi Dench, Cliff Richard, Julio Iglesias, David Cameron and lots more. All of my royalties (the money I make from the book) I am giving to the Alz Society. It would also be great if you could click on the link below and then click 'like' on the page and maybe tell your friends too. Thank you so much everyone. I want to raise as much as I can for the chairty.

http://musicalmemories4alzheimers.wordpress.com/tag/jackie-mcgregor/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tired2023