the odd 4 hours

The Chewtor

Feb 6, 2016
Gillingham, Kent
has anyone seen an odd 4 hours lying around anywhere. I had a lovely morning out with the walking group I attend. nice stroll in the sun but a little chilly. nice time with nice people. then had a cuppa and sandwich for lunch in a local café and then went shopping. I know it was 1.30 at some time because a young lad asked me the time then. however I got home at just gone 6 without the slightest idea where I have been or what I may hasve been doing expect for still carrying shopping. so, where are my 4 hours???? :confused: :confused:

wayne

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Oh Wayne, I've looked everywhere, I'm really sorry but I don't have your odd four hours or I would give them back to you packaged in gift wrap with a big heart bow.

I am so glad you had a lovely morning but please be careful.

You have a real way with words and expressing your feelings and the way things are happening to you. Please write it down, I think it will help a lot of people.
xxx

aprilbday

Jan 27, 2016
Washington, DC USA
Wayne-
Thank you for that good post. What makes it good is that it helps to see that others have similar challenges and we truly are not alone.
The four hours have gone. But you are still here. You win.

The Chewtor

Feb 6, 2016
Gillingham, Kent
thank you for your supportive comments my friends. it was a little disconcerting but hey its just what we live with now.

i am going to try and find out about the blogs and maybe keep a log, now every day, of what goes on that i think is related to the alzheimers or vascular or the changes they are/have made to my character and way i deal or do not deal with things. maybe while i am capable of a good level of communication it will be of help to some and if not then it will still help me by providing some kind of purpose.

be well

wayne x ;)

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
thank you for your supportive comments my friends. it was a little disconcerting but hey its just what we live with now.

i am going to try and find out about the blogs and maybe keep a log, now every day, of what goes on that i think is related to the alzheimers or vascular or the changes they are/have made to my character and way i deal or do not deal with things. maybe while i am capable of a good level of communication it will be of help to some and if not then it will still help me by providing some kind of purpose.

be well

wayne x ;)

I think that is a great idea. Some local Age UK branches offer computer courses. You obviously don't need the basic stuff but if they were running one the person in charge might be able to help you sort out a blog (and be part of a group too) win win

The Chewtor

Feb 6, 2016
Gillingham, Kent
I think that is a great idea. Some local Age UK branches offer computer courses. You obviously don't need the basic stuff but if they were running one the person in charge might be able to help you sort out a blog (and be part of a group too) win win

I have tried to use the blog system here, hopefully correctly. It took ages just to get the first bit done but it is now. I shall keep a copy of the text in the blogs and if it seems to be going ok here in TP maybe I will find out how to make it available wider but that sounds very scary. Just doing a simple post was a big step to start with now the blog today is heart in mouth time, going outside to people that have no idea what dementia is about or the handicaps it can cause would be PANICK ATTACK time. :eek:

wayne X

LoisJean

Jan 11, 2016
Northeast Lower Michigan, USA
has anyone seen an odd 4 hours lying around anywhere. I had a lovely morning out with the walking group I attend. nice stroll in the sun but a little chilly. nice time with nice people. then had a cuppa and sandwich for lunch in a local café and then went shopping. I know it was 1.30 at some time because a young lad asked me the time then. however I got home at just gone 6 without the slightest idea where I have been or what I may hasve been doing expect for still carrying shopping. so, where are my 4 hours???? :confused: :confused:

wayne

I have your 4 hours, Wayne! Can I keep them to make up for the four l lost? I could sure use the time!
LoisJean

john51

Apr 26, 2014
Dunstable, Bedfordshire
Hi Wayne

The hours disappear all too easily.

I seem to have a more of a problem with working out who changed the route I know so well. I end up places and don't know how I got there. When DVLA cancelled my license I got a free bus pass from the council. Its great but it does send me on journeys and change where we are going along the way.

I have a medicare medal round my neck which tells people who I am, and what my health issues are. It also has my wifes phone number on it. On the home screen of my phone there are buttons labelled with my wifes name; Sue (wife) and those for my grown up children; David (Son) and Sarah (Daughter).

They really do help me get home.

Could a medallion help you when 4 hours go missing?

John

wayne

The Chewtor

Feb 6, 2016
Gillingham, Kent
replies

great replies my friends and thank you so much for the lift in spirits. sorry loisjean but I real must insist on having my hours back as I need them to go and get the medallion suggested by john. we will have to find a better way to travel as I too have bus troubles sometimes but blissfully sit there smiling without a care in the world as the bus takes me off to some unknown place :confused:

I hope my style of writing and sometimes disrespectful sense of humour is ok to everyone as I am doing a blog and do not really want to upset the WHOLE world, just bits.
wayne :D

Sammyjo1

Jul 8, 2014
Hi Wayne

I've just read all your blogs and wanted to congratulate you on a job well done. Your character and spirit shine through them and i look forward to reading more.

My OH was diagnosed with Alzheimers nearly 2 years ago when he was 67 and I find your comments immensely helpful in trying to understand what is happening with him. He's doing incredibly well but sometimes odd things can happen. We find the best way to deal with these odd things is to have a laugh so I am not at all upset by your approach - long may it continue!

I hope you don't lose too many more hours else we'll have to send out a search party.

The Chewtor

Feb 6, 2016
Gillingham, Kent
sammyjo1

o wow Sammyjo. I cannot tell how much your post has meant. doing the blogs was such hard and terrifying work and getting positive and overly generous feedback will give the courage to go on. not just experiencing as I must, but trying to write about it in some kind of detailed, human and hopefully light hearted way.

thank you - keep reading

wayne :cool:

blueboy

Feb 21, 2015
Just been reading your blogs, Wayne - really interesting - keep up the good work! Have had grandparents and now Mum with Alzheimers/ Vascular dementia.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Hi Wayne

The hours disappear all too easily.

I seem to have a more of a problem with working out who changed the route I know so well. I end up places and don't know how I got there. When DVLA cancelled my license I got a free bus pass from the council. Its great but it does send me on journeys and change where we are going along the way.

I have a medicare medal round my neck which tells people who I am, and what my health issues are. It also has my wifes phone number on it. On the home screen of my phone there are buttons labelled with my wifes name; Sue (wife) and those for my grown up children; David (Son) and Sarah (Daughter).

They really do help me get home.

Could a medallion help you when 4 hours go missing?

John

John this is an absolutely brilliant way of keeping independent, thank you for sharing, I shall definitely be passing this tip around. Thank you thank you

Gooby

Mar 5, 2016
What have you done with your day??

wayne

Hello Wayne. How are you today? Do you have anyone at home to share your
day? Sorry if that sounds intrusive but I think company is so important. My
daughter and her husband and my grandson - aged 6 - have been with me today and what a difference it has made! Sadly they must leave tomorrow but it has been a
very welcome break.

I note you are in a walking group, which means you must like the countryside.
Anyway, it's nice to get mail - either in the post box or on this medium - ...
Colder today in my part of the world - more bird nuts needed!

Goodnight. Do please stay in touch.

Gooby

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anonymous 123