The meeting today

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Everyone arrived. Crossroads the former Care Manager and the current one, the Social Worker and the CPN.

In many ways it was an easy meeting because we were all wanting the same thing - to make sure that Alan's care needs are managed properly. They all know that the major reason why Alan has a good quality of life is because his care needs are managed very well and that I need to know that I can hand over his care needs for someone else to manage well.

The new Care Manager is fully informed about what Alan requires with regard to sitters whether daily or for respite and they are determined to ensure that no further mistakes are made. In fact in the case of illness or holidays, if a new care person is needed then the Care Manager has offered to come for the first hour and instruct the new person and monitor Alan's response. I didn't ask for that and I wouldn't have expected that and I am thrilled that it was offered. They have also said that I could state who I wanted to cover the respite sits and I have requested a night sitter who is excellent and I will work around her availability.

They suggested that meeting every 3 months would be a good idea and I was pleased with this suggestion and a date has already been assigned for the next one!!

The CPN told everyone how she witnessed me turning from an efficient, competent woman to someone collapsing in front of her and she said it was not nice to see.

They said that all learned such a lot this morning and they seemed really pleased. I am pleased. I am relaxed and feel a burden lifted.

Last edited:

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Hiya

Hello my good friend, so good to hear you have sorted things out and a bit of the burden has been lifted, good to hear, always in our thoughts, Norrms, Elaine and family xxxxxxxxxx

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Thank goodness for that:D afterall if you collapse Helen, what hope is there for the rest of us:eek:

Glad to hear things went so well for you and Alan.

Love

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Helen

Good to hear it all went well.

That care manager is going above and beyond, nice to see, pity there are not more like that.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The CPN told everyone how she witnessed me turning from an efficient, competent woman to someone collapsing in front of her and she said it was not nice to see.
That is good Helen. People who have an affect on the lives of others need to see how they are when things go wrong.
They said that all learned such a lot this morning and they seemed really pleased
I`m sure they learnt a lot from you Helen, and this in turn will benefit others with FTD in the future, not just Alan.
IT`s about time you have a good relaxed meeting with people who are on your wavelength. All the angst of the past has probably led to this.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Thank you everyone

All the angst of the past has probably led to this.

I think you're right. I think that all the hard work of the past has paid off and it was not about forming good working relationships but about maintaining them:)

Love and thank you all for your good wishes:)

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Best news i have heard today Helen, just so pleased that Alan has you to fight his corner, but todays meetimg seems to have been so positive for all concerned, I had cause to speak with the home manager today and that has been dealt with and Trev looked well so a good day allround love pam

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Pam

had cause to speak with the home manager today and that has been dealt with and Trev looked well

That's great Pam:) What would we do without each other to give each other the strength and courage to stay strong;) Is Trev in respite this week then?

Love

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
Well done Helen for all your determination to provide the best care for Alan. Sometimes we have to fight for what we need?

Love as always

Julie xx

donkey

Aug 16, 2009
sutton coldfield
helen , at last some good news for you,:D its been a long time coming but your persivearance and determination has payed off. so glad you are now feeling like a burden has been lifted long may it continue a big hug lynne xx:D:D:D

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Dear Helen

Great to hear that your meeting went very well and you now know things will be better for your next respite,take care Marian xx