The diet

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Today I went to my first weight watchers evening (other groups are available)
I felt mega depressed all day and just wanted to cry and eat chocolate
I felt very alone at the group all I wanted to do was cry.
I guess it just pulls at something deep within to do with low self esteem as my dad and sister despised fat people and my mum had a really hard time over it and I am very like her. A friend has said she will go with me next week I hope she does although she did send me a text to see if I had gone to 'fat club' tonight.
I am starting the diet tomorrow
I havent felt this low for ages and |I am due to put up my exhibition next week
The prints arrived today so I should be feeling on top of the world

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`d go with you if I lived near Sarah.

There was pressure in our family too. My father was always slightly built and could sit and eat 6 bars of chocolate in one evening and often did.

Me , my mother and sister gained weight just by looking at it and were always trying to cut down. I think we tried every diet in the book.

One Bank holiday weekend, the three of us went on a banana and milk diet. My mother bought 48 bananas.

It was crazy.

This won`t stop you feeling fed up Sarah but I do wish you well. We will all be rooting for you and hope losing some weight will make you feel happier with yourself. xx

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Today I went to my first weight watchers evening (other groups are available)
I felt mega depressed all day and just wanted to cry and eat chocolate
I felt very alone at the group all I wanted to do was cry.
I guess it just pulls at something deep within to do with low self esteem as my dad and sister despised fat people and my mum had a really hard time over it and I am very like her. A friend has said she will go with me next week I hope she does although she did send me a text to see if I had gone to 'fat club' tonight.
I am starting the diet tomorrow
I havent felt this low for ages and |I am due to put up my exhibition next week
The prints arrived today so I should be feeling on top of the world

Oh Sarah, I'm so sorry you are feeling so low :(

If only doctors and dieticians understood the emotional background to eating.....well, I'm sure some do.....I do sympathise, and know something of how you feel. It's not fair, is it? :mad:

Having said that, I hope you get on well with the diet tomorrow, and start to achieve your goals.

Rooting for you :)

Lindy xx

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Hi Sarah

I'm sorry you are feeling so low. I expect your exhibition will look brilliant; you are very talented.

Good Luck with your new diet; I hope it works out well for you. You can still have some treats like chocolate, as long as you count it into your allowance.

Jan xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry you're feeling so low Sarah. Good luck with the diet. If you plan ahead with it I'm sure you'll still be able to have treats like chocolate. I do hope your friend can go with you next week.

I bet your exhibition will be stunning!:)

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Hi Sarah - sorry you feel so down about it but well done you for joining up. I am planning to start the 5:2 diet on Monday so we will have to cheer each other on.

I am sorry that the memories from your past upset you today, people don't realise how long lasting and hurtful comments can be - do they? I have just posted a pic in FB that I think I will add to this reply. as it cheered me this morning as I looked in the mirror and saw my double chins...and I hope it will make you smile a little too. (I always say I have more chins than the Chinese phone directory!)

Those of us on here and, I am sure, a lot of your friends, are priviliged to know you and can see what a caring, thoughtful and talented person you are - and I know the support you give people is really appreciated. So when those thoughts start creeping in - try and remember that and feel sorry for the people whose attitudes deny them the pleasure of knowing you and appreciating you.

Take care and big hugs xx

Attachments

• 10649699_544475499029885_7723493378561428116_n.jpg
    10649699_544475499029885_7723493378561428116_n.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 520

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Dear Sarah, my first thought on reading your post was 'why is Sarah going to Weight Watchers'? Are you going because you genuinely need and want to lose weight, or are you going because of the memories of your dad and sister despising 'fat' people and think that this is what you 'ought' to do?

If it's the latter, then don't go. If you want to, you could still lose a little weight simply by cutting down. I hate to think of you being depressed and miserable because of this.

You are a fantastic, interesting, kind, lovely and very talented person. We all know it on here and all your friends in the 'real' world know it too.

Sending you lots of big, huge, mega hugs xxx

PS - what happened with the photo competition? Has it been judged yet?

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
If you are going to go again, go because you want to, do it for yourself, no one else.

My sister goes because she is overweight, she also calls it *Fat club*. as I have said to her many a time - if you are happy as you are and it isn't affecting your health, then be happy in the body you are in.

I'd far rather be a little overweight and happy than miserable.

That said, if you decide to continue, be proud of every ounce you loose. Ease yourself into a new diet slowly or you'll just have horrible cravings.

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
PS - what happened with the photo competition? Has it been judged yet?

sadly I didnt win but the photo that did win was the one of the little girl jumping in the puddle a worthy winner! So I will have to find another competition with a gopro camera to do time lapse photography and try again.

Thanks everyone for the comments about the diet. I guess I have mixed feelings about the diet and my motivation but I know I would feel better about myself if I lost weight
Having twice been on the verge of anorexia in my teens and early 20's (and I thought I was fat then!) it's a tricky one to negotiate but this time i have plenty to lose.

I'll give it a couple of weeks but I have an appt to see my new GP next week so I can talk to her about it

Having said that the lady who sat opposite me at my scrap and yap craft group lost 8 stone by going to WW.

I think I will have a rest and then start framing the photos.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
The nice thing about Weight Watchers is it is very similar to TP, being a lot of people in the same situation. But I imagine most weight lose groups are the same.

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
When CG and I were at Wakehurst Place last week, there were the winners of a national photographic competition and we both said we thought yours were better Sarah!

As others have said, lose the weight for you and we'll be here to support you. Many of us are trying too!! Xxx

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
I am feeling very grumpy someone ate the whole packet of seeded ryvitas that i got for my diet and all they left was the empty wrapper I hadnt even had one:mad::mad::mad:brown rice
I think I will look very ugly today as I am not having lovely thoughts
and I burnt the brown rice for my dinner and I don't even like brown rice

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
and I burnt the brown rice for my dinner and I don't even like brown rice

May I suggest something? Don't eat anything on your diet you don't like. I think the real secret to successful dieting is not dieting as such but cutting portions down, eating more fresh fruit & veg (I take celery sticks to work with me every day), and limiting processed foods and those lovely snacks. It's okay to have a biscuit or two, if you can keep it to a biscuit or two.

Another huge component for me is exercise. When I move more, I feel better and it helps with my weight. I wear a pedometer every day. We're supposed to take 10,000 steps a day for good health. Unfortunately, I rarely hit that, except when I'm on holiday. Pity I can't be on holiday all the time. :(

It's all little things that add up, Sarah. Don't get on a severe diet, it will only be discouraging.

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
went to WW today and took a friend and they guessed she was my carer!!!!!!!!!!!!
The lady taking the group said she had realised that she WAS my carer.
The good news is that I may have got a carer but I lost 2.5 lbs:D:D:D:D:D:D
My 'carer' Kay is stopping over at our house tonight (we are having a pyjama party)and is threatening to charge double rates;)
Mind you I nearly lost more than 2lbs when I dropped my purse in tescos and then got over charged.I thought I had paid rather a lot for some wildly reduced veg good job i checked.
Mind you when i went there with little friend Margaret who lives on the boat i got my tesco's card jammed in the conveyor belt:eek:
After last week when felt like howling it was so different as we shed tears of laughter looking at the portion sizes and debated what size matchbox they used to show you how much cheese you are allowed.;)
the 'carer' thought it was a household box of matches not a pocket sized pack so if I don't lose any weight next week its all her fault

Last edited: