Telephone support

Molly66

Apr 2, 2024
Does anyone know of a telephone support line I could occasionally use. I work full-time and live with/care for mum. My siblings will help with some practical stuff, but can't bring themselves to show concern for my wellbeing. Sometimes I just really need someone to talk to without judgement. I can't attend support groups because they are in work hours. I am either working long hours, looking after mum, or looking after her home.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
The site here has a phoneline I understand, someone will post a link, I'm hopeless with technology. K

pobbie1959

Jan 15, 2024
Does anyone know of a telephone support line I could occasionally use. I work full-time and live with/care for mum. My siblings will help with some practical stuff, but can't bring themselves to show concern for my wellbeing. Sometimes I just really need someone to talk to without judgement. I can't attend support groups because they are in work hours. I am either working long hours, looking after mum, or looking after her home.
Samaratins are always open

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
@Molly66

Are you aged 55 or over?

We need connection whatever our age – especially if we live alone or further away from family. Age UK's Silver Line Helpline gives anyone aged 55 or over the opportunity to exchange a friendly word, access support, or enjoy a long enriching conversation.

Call free on 0800 4 70 80 90
The Silver Line Helpline run by Age UK is a free, confidential telephone service for older people. We provide friendship, conversation and support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sophiaperilloresearch