Taking a Step Back

Misslovely

Mar 22, 2021
Hi all. Have any of you had to take a step back? I work full time and do just about all the sorting out for my parent. She has carers and lives with a family member.

The person she lives with helps but is limited to what they can do. I am having to take leave from work to sort out constant problems with the house. I can’t even have a holiday because no one else will help.

I’m getting to the point now where I want to take a step back. I feel constantly stressed and can’t sleep. I’m not sure what to do. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

DeeCee7

Oct 13, 2023
Hello @Misslovely it sounds like you know you can’t go on like this. It’s incredibly stressful working full time, and managing both your own life and that of a parent. Have you discussed this with the family member who lives with her? Does she feel the same? If so, then it may be time to consider a care home. If they feel they are managing, then you should tell them you are needing to withdraw your support for the sake of your own health. But, reading between the lines , the family member “ is limited to what they can do” so it sounds like they need support too?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paulette C