Tablet safety

Anongirl

Aug 8, 2012
The morning carer just rang to say Sunday morning tablets are missing from the dosette box. We are not sure if mum has taken them.

I think it's time to put them out of her way. What is the best way to do this? I looked at lockable cabinets but they seem expensive.

Any ideas?

Every day seems to bring a new challenge :rolleyes:

Pullinpants

Feb 4, 2013
Bristol
Tablet dispensers

Hi Anongirl

We had a similar problem with my Nana who just took tablets on random days. Even when we wrote numbers on them she'd pick and choose. She used to blame it on her eyesight but we weren't convinced.

A colleague of mine suggested one of these http://www.procterhealthcare.co.uk/tabmed-tabtime-medelert

Had it not been for the fact that we had to move Nana into a care home we would have invested in one. They limit the access to the medication and you can set reminders for when your Mum should be taking them. Really recommend them.

Good luck!

kingmidas1962

Jun 10, 2012
South Gloucs
Its possible that your local authority may provide a drug safe free of charge - I work for a drug treatment agency and we give them to people who have 'vulnerable others' in the house where drugs are kept.

Admittedly this usually applies to children but we would not refuse one for someone who had a relative with memory problems and was therefore at risk - I know your situation is slightly different but this may be an option?

Anongirl

Aug 8, 2012
Thank you for those links jeany 123. They look perfect and not too expensive x

Hi Pullinpants, the carers gives mum her tablets so I always tell her not to touch them. This is the second time this has happened so clearly something is going on. Obviously she denies all knowledge!

Thanks Kingmidas. That's interesting. Who would I ring do you think?

malc

Aug 15, 2012
north east lincolnshire
we have blister packs and they aren't that easy to open so would be ideal for you,how about putting a lock on a kitchen cupboard,not ideal decor wise but an hook and hasp and a padlock will cost no more than a fiver.

kingmidas1962

Jun 10, 2012
South Gloucs
Thank you for those links jeany 123. They look perfect and not too expensive x

Hi Pullinpants, the carers gives mum her tablets so I always tell her not to touch them. This is the second time this has happened so clearly something is going on. Obviously she denies all knowledge!

Thanks Kingmidas. That's interesting. Who would I ring do you think?

my local council is South Gloucestershire - I've just checked with a colleague and he suggested contacting the drug and alcohol team at your local council, wherever that is. If it were here he immediately said you could have a safe, no questions asked!

If you dont get any joy with your local council can you drop me a PM and I will let my collegue know - he will try and liase with your local council if it proves difficult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ekrasaro7