Table manners

Zana

May 12, 2016
Just a tip that mmight be useful to some people but we noticed that both OH and my MIL who is very advanced both eat better and with more co-ordination when they have background music at mealtimes.

I dont think this can be exclusive to our family..

elizabeth hc

Oct 31, 2012
My O.H has no idea what to do with a knife and fork .At the moment he can use a spoon and plate guard which is very handy. I cut everything up and then I have mine by the telly and he is quite happy at the table. I don,t usually look but he probably uses his fingers for the last bits but who cares if he enjoyed it

rhubarbtree

Jan 7, 2015
North West
Went for a Christmas meal with large group of friends last night. Hadn't realised what a fiddler OH has become. Table was crowded with crackers, poppers, balloons, decorations, hats, etc. He just kept acquiring crackers and asking me to pull them, blowing blowers, popping poppers. Reminded me of when I had toddlers, kept moving things out of his way. He still eats well but got the knives muddled. Sitting surrounded by all the mess he had managed to create during the starter, the men were then summoned to move two places. I had to do a quick tidy up, put paper bits under chair and make sure correct knives were available for next person. Couldn't see the mayhem he created for the rest of the evening but I found all the cracker novelties in his pockets this morning.

We all came home in a coach and he was all for getting our luggage from underneath when we were dropped off.

Think he had a lovely time but couldn't remember where he had been or with whom when we did diary this morning.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey