Sunshine on Leith by The Proclaimers

Little moth

Jul 18, 2014
My heart is broken, my heart is broken.......sorrow, sorrow......
It has been a bad day with my husband's Parkinson's dementia, it is getting worse, very hard to understand him at times, especially in the afternoon/evening. Feel very sad.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
There is a lot of sorrow surrounding dementia and we all will feel for you and your husband too. The sundowning period in late afternoon and early evening can be a real trial. My guess is that he is already on a lot of medication for his Parkinson’s so suggesting an anti depressant is probably not much help. That is usually what is given for this problem.

It will fade as he becomes more frail but that is not much comfort now. At the risk of being flippant you can switch songs and stamp about the house singing “I will go 500 miles”. It does lift your spirits.

Best wishes.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
sincere condolence on your loss i think he would really like something like bat out of hell or my favourite you took the words out of my mouth by meatloaf because he usually can

Little moth

Jul 18, 2014
sincere condolence on your loss i think he would really like something like bat out of hell or my favourite you took the words out of my mouth by meatloaf because he usually can
[/QUO
sincere condolence on your loss i think he would really like s
My heart is broken, my heart is broken.......sorrow, sorrow......
It has been a bad day with my husband's Parkinson's dementia, it is getting worse, very hard to understand him at times, especially in the afternoon/evening. Feel very sad.
Thank you all for replying, I was feeling very low. Today has been a slightly better day, and 500 miles sounds good, always cheers.
I realized yesterday how much my life has changed, but it is what it is. My husband has a phone apt soon so we will see how that goes. X

Little moth

Jul 18, 2014
Thank you all for replying, I was feeling very low. Today has been a slightly better day, and 500 miles sounds good, always cheers.
I realized yesterday how much my life has changed, but it is what it is. My husband has a phone apt soon so we will see how that goes. X
Hi all, I reached a very low point and asked for help from the memory clinic. That set off phone apts with various people which ended in my husband's medication increased.
The verbal anger towards me has eased a lot and life is calmer. I know that this good bit won't last but have to make the most of it while I can.
It's our wedding Anniversary soon, I asked him did he know how long we have been married. After a long thought he said 78 years. I am 73. These little markers showing how things are progressing.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m glad that the medication has helped. I hope this continues for as long as possible.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Hi all, I reached a very low point and asked for help from the memory clinic. That set off phone apts with various people which ended in my husband's medication increased.
The verbal anger towards me has eased a lot and life is calmer. I know that this good bit won't last but have to make the most of it while I can.
It's our wedding Anniversary soon, I asked him did he know how long we have been married. After a long thought he said 78 years. I am 73. These little markers showing how things are progressing.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
@Little moth i used to ask questions like that but gave up when the answers became too weird. For some reason if I asked what year it was John would tell me 1957. I wonder why that year stuck with him. If I asked how long we’d been married he’d be more likely to say “Are we married?”.

It ain’t easy!