1. ebas

ebas Registered User

Aug 8, 2019
    My OH has VD.He becomes very agitated between 3pm and 6pm.In fact I dread this time of the day because I never know how he is going to act.Is it any use me taking him to the doctors as I don't know whether they recognise that this is a condition

2. Shedrech

Shedrech Volunteer Moderator

Dec 15, 2012
    Yorkshire
    hi @ebas
    definitely chat with his GP, as there may be meds to help and the GP needs to be kept up to date with how things are for you both
    if the GP isn't aware of sundowning, refer them to the AS main site's factsheets and, indeed, suggest they have a read around the threads here .... that could be their 'you learn something new everyday' moment!
    https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/search?keywords=sundowning&Search=🔍

3. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Thankfully Sundowning is now recognised as a symptom of dementia @ebas and not before time. There was little anything could be done to help it in my day [ 2010 ]so I hope things have improved since then.

4. ebas

ebas Registered User

Aug 8, 2019
    I have got to make him an appointment to have an ultrasound due to uti's.I will ask for an extended appointment at the doctors to see if something can be sorted out as I dread the afternoon approaching