Suddenly she's gone

AlexB70

Dec 31, 2023
This forum has given me much comfort over the last few months, following Mum's quite spectacular decline since Christmas. It makes you realise you aren't alone and that there are kind, supportive people out there who are going through the same things.

Mum was admitted to hospital as a danger to herself and others as she became aggressive and started throwing things at my stepfather (90), also took to hitting him.

After a 3 week stay in hospital which included a huge seizure, she was discharged to nursing EMI care on Valentines day. The home were amazing, the staff were so kind, I've nothing but praise and gratitude for them.

Then suddenly last week she deteriorated and on Wednesday, she passed away. I feel relief and sadness in equal measure. My well mum would have hated everything about her last 6 weeks but it's so hard to see her go - she was my best friend.

I just wanted to share our journey x

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
Please accept my sincere condolences @AlexB70 . I hope that you and your father find solace knowing she is no longer suffering. Take care of yourselves now. Thinking of you both.

Ellie2018

Jun 26, 2023
Sending you condolences, it’s very sad. What will get you through is that relief that she is no longer going through these things, which I’m sure that she would have hated.

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Condolences to you @AlexB70 and your family.
You did all that you could. Your mum is no longer suffering.
Be easy with yourself through the winding road of grief.
Comfort your stepfather who will feel a bit lost, to put it mildly.
Best wishes and a hug.

AlexB70

Dec 31, 2023
Sending you condolences, it’s very sad. What will get you through is that relief that she is no longer going through these things, which I’m sure that she would have hated.
Thank you Ellie2018, you are right, she would have hated it x

AlexB70

Dec 31, 2023
Condolences to you @AlexB70 and your family.
You did all that you could. Your mum is no longer suffering.
Be easy with yourself through the winding road of grief.
Comfort your stepfather who will feel a bit lost, to put it mildly.
Best wishes and a hug.
Thank you, he is so very very sad to have lost her x

MowgliGirl02

Feb 20, 2022
I’m so sorry for your loss @AlexB70
I’m in the exact position you were in right now.
My mum is my best friend, my rock and my support system, and the thought of losing her is pure agony. But I also don’t want her to suffer anymore.
Take care of yourself. ❤️

AlexB70

Dec 31, 2023
I’m so sorry for your loss @AlexB70
I’m in the exact position you were in right now.
My mum is my best friend, my rock and my support system, and the thought of losing her is pure agony. But I also don’t want her to suffer anymore.
Take care of yourself. ❤️
I'm glad she is free of this dreadful disease now. I wish you the best for the future x