Sudden spate of afternoon sleeping

Bay Tree

Jun 19, 2023
My husband also sleeps quite a lot during the day - sometimes a deep sleep. At first I thought I should be intervening and waking him as I thought it might be the wrong sort of routine for him. But, he does sleep through the night as well so I decided that I'd take advantage of his day time sleep to have time to myself. If his night time sleep was being affected then I'd probably think differently about it. I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing but as he seems to be exhausted all the time, it seems the kindest thing to do. If you are concerned perhaps it might be worth having a word with your GP about it.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
When my husband slept during the day I used to be thankful, thinking it was only when he slept he wasn’t agitated. I would never have intervened.

Lindaloose13

Jul 5, 2024
My husband also sleeps quite a lot during the day - sometimes a deep sleep. At first I thought I should be intervening and waking him as I thought it might be the wrong sort of routine for him. But, he does sleep through the night as well so I decided that I'd take advantage of his day time sleep to have time to myself. If his night time sleep was being affected then I'd probably think differently about it. I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing but as he seems to be exhausted all the time, it seems the kindest thing to do. If you are concerned perhaps it might be worth having a word with your GP about it.
My husband the same. Doesn’t affect his nights sleep whatsoever

Rishile

Dec 28, 2022
My husband has a second sleep every morning and will sometimes want to go to bed in the afternoon. I also use this as 'me time'. I mentioned this extra sleeping to a couple of doctors and they both told me that the only cure for tiredness is sleep so let him sleep.