Struggling with temper tantrums

Ma May

Sep 14, 2018
Bournemouth, Dorset
with just my salary and benefits we live hand to mouth. OH wants money we just don’t have - the choice between food on the table or not. I’ve said we don’t have it and he’s is going mad yelling, shouting, crying and has been for past hour. I just don’t know how to deal with it. I’ve spoken to hiim to no avail and have now left him alone for the last half hour but he’s still furious... help anyone? He’s around middle stage

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
I suppose a lot will depend on why he wants the money.

If he has lost capacity and just wants cash to hold for security(a common theme), some people use the fake money that can be purchased on-line as it is quite realistic.

If he wants to spend cash you don't have I think you just have to leave him be until he calms down and forgets. That's what I do with my wife when she has a tantrum and it works every time - so far!

Ma May

Sep 14, 2018
Bournemouth, Dorset
I suppose a lot will depend on why he wants the money.

If he has lost capacity and just wants cash to hold for security(a common theme), some people use the fake money that can be purchased on-line as it is quite realistic.

If he wants to spend cash you don't have I think you just have to leave him be until he calms down and forgets. That's what I do with my wife when she has a tantrum and it works every time - so far!
He wants to have a bet tomorrow! I left him well alone and after a couple of long hours he calmed down. All quiet and he’s gone off to bed!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey