• We're currently experiencing technical issues with our newsletter software, so our Dementia Talking Point monthly updates have been put on hold for now. We hope to restart the newsletter soon.

    Find out more >here<.



Registered User
Apr 27, 2014
I am so stressed I feel so alone and I want to shout and go mad ,I don't think I can do this Peter is just making me so mad and when you have to hold everything in and be nice to everyone, I know you must all feel like this how do you all coup please help me if you can, thank you for all being there dont know what I would do without you all to talk to. My children say they are there for me but funny how when I do want them they are always doing something, I always thought I was a strong woman but this illness shows me I am not it's so hard and when you got a man that keeps saying there is nothing wrong with him well what do you do x Christmas


Registered User
Aug 28, 2014
We are listening

Hello, I dont want your post to go unanswered. It sound like you need to go back to your gp and ask for some help.

I have no idea what you are coping with but I do know you need a break. Someone better placed than me will come along and give you better advice. Until then keep posting as we are all here for you.

Maybe you can arrange a regular thing with your children. They could take their Dad out or stay with him to allow you time away - meet your friends or just do anything you want.

Think of a practical way to make things better and focus on that. It will stop you feeling so helpless. Sending you a big hug.
love Quilty

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Hello christmas

It sounds to me as if your children might be there for you but are unable to be there for their dad because they find his condition so challenging, they don`t know what to do.

I`m not making excuses for them, people are what they are, but you do need help.

I can see your husband won`t consider any help for himself if he believes there is nothing wrong with him so you can only try to source help for yourself.

First phone the Alzheimer`s Society`s National Dementia Helpline.

You can contact our helpline by calling 0300 222 1122 or by email at helpline@alzheimers.org.uk.

The helpline is usually open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, and from 10am - 4pm at weekends. However, the service may be closed occasionally during these times for operational reasons.

Click here for more information about Alzheimer’s Society National Dementia Helpline

Then try to see if you have an Admiral Nurse in your area. Admiral Nurses are specially for carers.


Admiral Nursing DIRECT

Call 0845 257 9406 or email direct@dementiauk.org

Monday to Friday 9:15 - 16:45

Keep posting here. No one can solve your feelings of despair but we might help you to feel less alone because we all know what you’re talking about.


Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
I'm sorry I seem to have missed your post today. Sylvia gives good advice. I'm glad you posted on TP. There's always someone around to support you. x


Registered User
Oct 5, 2013
First think why he is making you mad, then decide your priorities. Choose your battles, lots of things don't really matter when it comes to it. I used to get annoyed over loads of things that I hardly notice now.
Has your husband been diagnosed or is this very early days? If he's been diagnosed sort any benefits, like AA, and council tax disregard. Get POAs done. As well as Alzheimer's Society, see if you have any other Carers groups around. We have a county family Carers, a couple of villages have there own Carers groups with trained carers. There is also Age UK. Some of these will run things like cafés, singing groups and the like.
Get yourself known in these places, then you will know where to do when you need help, advice, shoulder to cry on, meet a crisis and then like.
You did well to post on here, the is nearly always someone around who can offer help and advice on loads of things. Just have a rant if you like. We've all been there, done that.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Latest member