State pension and LPA

Raggedrobin

Jan 20, 2014
hi, can someone remind me, who do I approach (or what dept) to tell the state pension service that I have LPA and want to change the account my mum's pension is paid into? I'm sure someone said it was quite straightforward, but at the mo it is paid into an account I have access to and there is a bit of me that wonders if it would be easier not to inform them and let them carry on as before?:confused:

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Ring them up. I guess that, like my Mum, your Mum will have had letters telling her of any increases etc....they ( the letters) will have a contact number for the DWP. The DWP will want Mum's name, date of birth, and NI number, there will probably be a couple of security questions, like what pensions does your Mum get, into which bank, monthly or weekly payments. I had to send a confirmation letter with a certified copy of the LPA ( which was returned immediately). They were very helpful.:D

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
It is possible you will be able to register LPA at the local job centre, I was able to do this and they sent it by internal courier system. Mine was neededforincome tax purposes but it was so straightforward. It was also free