Spanish citizen

Letho 2770

Jan 27, 2022
Hi , my mum and dad live in Spain , mum was diagnosed 7 years ago , it’s gotten to the point where he can’t keep her safe she is smashing the house up if he locked her in she keeps getting out and being violent towards my father he has refused to take her back from the hospital as he can’t keep her safe , they had her there a week he has no savings to put her in a care home there , she is drugged in to the eyeballs she has till Monday then he is back where he started they do t seem to help him at all , the option is to send her back to me if there was a guarantee that she will get a care home asap then I would but I know it doesn’t work like that , is there any help over there or anyone else going through the same thing kind regards x

Violet Jane

Aug 23, 2021
There was a similar thread about this same problem recently. I hope that someone will be along shortly to post a link to it.

Do Spanish Social Services not fund care homes for citizens and residents in Spain who cannot afford to self-fund?

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hello @Letho 2770
A warm welcome to DTP

what a challenging, sad situation for your parents and you
I hope something in that link is helpful

it may be useful to have a chat with an advisor on our Support Line as they have a lot of contacts and may be able to offer suggestions

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozziegirl