Sound of her voice.

TedW

Feb 2, 2014
Corfu, Greece.
It is at least 4 years since my beautiful girl lost her speech. Sadly I am unable to remember the tone of her voice and have nothing recorded to remind me. How I wish I had taken steps to do this when I had the opportunity.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
It is nearly 4 years since my mother died, but I can still remember when she was well and she was exasperated with me how she would say "Oh Joanne" in that slightly exasperated voice.

So your memories of her voice may well come back. My mother didn't speak for several years before she died and I also forgot the sound of her voice.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
It’s so sad @TedW.

As Joanne says memories of your mum’s voice might come back. In two weeks time it will be 4 years since my husband died. I do struggle sometimes to remember the sound of his voice but what I do remember is the lovely things he used to say - just little phrases and sayings that only he used. These are what have become important to me. I do have a couple of short video clips where he says a couple of words, but not many. I cherish the memories of what he said now rather than the sound of his voice.

Wishing you strength.