Some input for someone who just got into this

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
Thanks lemonbalm and If I get caught up with things and don't post in the next weeks or so, have a lovely holiday season. You and your loved one and thank you for your amazing inputs throughout the year. They helped soo much.

Thanks John. I’m so glad that my input helped. I wish you and your family a very happy Christmas and hope that your Dad is recovering. We lost mum not very long ago (she never really got over having Covid) but I will raise a glass to her on Christmas Day and send virtual good cheer to you.

JohnGroban

Oct 28, 2020
Well, a small update here:

Grandma: overall the same, upset a bit, same things about going home, but the past week she was angrier than her normal self. Gonna visit her on the 24th with mum.

Dad: well, in the words of the doctors: "We need a miracle".
Last night he had a respiratory arrest. The first one since all of this started. I think there are close to zero chances for him to make it.
Since he was moved, things didn't get any better. I spoke with the doctors and they know what is happening to him, but they can't explain how it happen.

Bugs

Aug 27, 2020
Sending my support and thoughts. It must be so very hard for you. You are a good person.

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
I’m sorry to read that your Dad is not doing so well @JohnGroban . I hope that the visit with your grandma goes ok. Will be thinking of you and hoping for that miracle.

JohnGroban

Oct 28, 2020
Thank you so much.
I have a horrible condition since they called me with the news. Trying my best to not let mum see me.

Scarlet Lady

Apr 6, 2021
Hi, John. So sorry that the news about your dad isn’t better. I do hope that a Christmas miracle will come to pass.
Your grandma is a tough old bird. Hope your visit to her goes well. Take care and all the best . Xx

JohnGroban

Oct 28, 2020
Thank you.
Talked earlier, dad is in a semi-induced coma in a very difficult condition. They said we should prepare ourselves.

Scarlet Lady

Apr 6, 2021
Your dad has had an incredibly tough time, John. He’s fought on against the odds, but maybe now he’s just tired of it all. Thinking of you and wishing for a peaceful resolution for your family. ?

JohnGroban

Oct 28, 2020
Today I've buried my dad.

Tuesday I've gotten the news early in the morning and spent the past two days organizing everything.
Dunno if it is available in your countries, but in mine, since COVID, funeral furnishers & services does not help you with the papers needed anymore. You need to do it all. Might check this if you are expecting something like this, it will save you a lot of stress.

I feel heartbroken, but also a strange relief. A relief he is not suffering anymore, that we are not.
I think the pain did not kick in yet, but soon will.

Cannot believe how I've started this thread and how it went.
The respiratory arrest was actually cardiac and he kinda became a vegetable on that day, on the 21st of December.
Spend all the Holiday season waiting for the call, sleeping with fear and full of anxiety and finally it came.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im so sorry.'
You did well by him you know, you could not have done more.
He is at peace now - be at peace yourself.
xx

JohnGroban

Oct 28, 2020
Thank you, everyone.

I know I tried my best, but still not knowing what did this is something I will have to live with until my last breath. That is my biggest regret.

I will try to take some time for me, I really need it.

JohnGroban

Oct 28, 2020
I want to share something, I think you will like it, even if it broke my heart.

When we took him at the chapel, a friend of his came, a gentleman with Parkinson, barely walking, with peacemaker at his heart, but walking. Very slow, but walking.
Was hard to understand a word he was saying because of his situation, but he was there. Finally, yesterday, after the funeral, when we were at home, he sent mum one of the best messages I've read in my entire life. How he loved my had, how he was, etc.
A few minutes later, we saw him in the parking lot from across the street, by his car, crying his heart out.

Broke my heart in a million ways, but I was so happy humans like him still exist, people that really are keeping this world together.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlight1