Solicitors And Wills

Bree

Oct 16, 2013
Thank you for all your replies. I do have a copy of the will, and as far as I know I do not have to apply for probate, MOH's will was simple, he left everything to me. All I have done is to inform the people with whom we had joint accounts of his death. They have removed his name, so I assume it is all going to be that simple.

If however I do come across any other obstacles I may have to deal with the solicitor in the end.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
If you jointly owned a property as tenants in common you will need probate.
Some companies require probate for life policies even if the amount is very small.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
You cannot get the original so they have to accept a certified copy. Always use registered post to send them. I have got to get a document signed by a solicitor,Commisioner for oaths, Justice of peace or person qualified to administer oaths. So going to have to go to solicitor. More money.!!!

I am going through this process at the moment. I keep looking at things and my brain is mush. Can't cope with more than one thing a day. Tomorrow I will make appointment to see the solicitor to get some papers signed. None of this is easy.x
You went through so much, Casbow. And yes, grieving takes lots and lots of time. William will be four years dead on 3rd August, and still, just on Friday, I had to leave a shop in tears. They had button up, knitted waistcoats/gilets, that he loved, and at the time, they were very hard to find. And here, there was a whole rail of them, in several colours. When he was alive, I would have bought several for him, but now....no need of them. :(