So, what’s my Pauline been up to today?

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Via my phone I got the invites for us to book our spring Covid jabs but, as it had to be online I ended up with my appointment today and Paulines next Friday, although when I went to have it there was only one other there for it and so I asked if I could go home for Pauline and get it over and they said it was fine. So we are now both jabbed but once home she asked what it was for and I just said, ‘Covid’ And she asked what is that? For some reason this shocked me and I spent some time trying to explain what it was and what the world had gone through but she has no memories at all of any of it which while understandable has saddened me as I think another milestone passed by.
Gosh @Agzy, I've just asked my OH if he knows what COVID is and he said he'd never heard of the word.! Like you I was shocked considering how lives were affected. It's sad isn't it that this disease can wipe out so much of a person's life.
Mines having his jab in a couple of weeks so he's not going to know why exactly!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Via my phone I got the invites for us to book our spring Covid jabs but, as it had to be online I ended up with my appointment today and Paulines next Friday, although when I went to have it there was only one other there for it and so I asked if I could go home for Pauline and get it over and they said it was fine. So we are now both jabbed but once home she asked what it was for and I just said, ‘Covid’ And she asked what is that? For some reason this shocked me and I spent some time trying to explain what it was and what the world had gone through but she has no memories at all of any of it which while understandable has saddened me as I think another milestone passed by.
he had his thursday. i had email and text message so thought i would get it early. he has it in a pharmacy. i do act quickly. really no side effects other than a tender arm.

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
he had his thursday. i had email and text message so thought i would get it early. he has it in a pharmacy. i do act quickly. really no side effects other than a tender arm.
My OH only has one kidney, when he was 60 it got blocked with kidney stones and he had to have emergency op to put catheter directly into his kidney (through his back), he then nearly died twice more over the next few months from a multi resistant urinary tract infection. He was in and out of hospital for months. He can’t remember any of it, and was surprised when I said he only had one kidney- like you Agzy I was shocked, it seemed such a massive thing to have forgotten.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
My OH only has one kidney, when he was 60 it got blocked with kidney stones and he had to have emergency op to put catheter directly into his kidney (through his back), he then nearly died twice more over the next few months from a multi resistant urinary tract infection. He was in and out of hospital for months. He can’t remember any of it, and was surprised when I said he only had one kidney- like you Agzy I was shocked, it seemed such a massive thing to have forgotten.
Wow, and I thought forgetting Covid was a biggie 😊

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
We seem to be on a plateau of contentment and almost peace at the moment and long may it last although I know it won’t. Taking advantage of it I took her to a ladies clothing shop at our local shopping centre This morning. The reason was to try and get her to get some new and possibly more attractive clothes but all too summery for her and then a rack of elasticated waist trousers with 25” inside leg caught my eye and she tried a pair on and how smart she looked. Just bought the one pair to see how it goes as she does tend to wet herself (well in her pads) and invariably changes her leggings as well. Cant wait for tomorrows Memory activity group to show her off 😊

Silversally

Aug 18, 2022
We seem to be on a plateau of contentment and almost peace at the moment and long may it last although I know it won’t. Taking advantage of it I took her to a ladies clothing shop at our local shopping centre This morning. The reason was to try and get her to get some new and possibly more attractive clothes but all too summery for her and then a rack of elasticated waist trousers with 25” inside leg caught my eye and she tried a pair on and how smart she looked. Just bought the one pair to see how it goes as she does tend to wet herself (well in her pads) and invariably changes her leggings as well. Cant wait for tomorrows Memory activity group to show her off 😊
How lovely! You are an amazing carer. 😊

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Her own creation (with some help with sticky down bits) at our Tuesday group by Retain Wellbeing. A very proud lady and rightly so.

Attachments

• IMG_1846.jpeg
    IMG_1846.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 104

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Gambling on the “Plateau Pleasant,” mood this morning I chanced announcing Thursday Club (Daycare) via the white board and all is well. I have 08.45 appointment at audiology for new mould fitting so hoping I return to the ongoing light mood. Yesterday was also a quiet non event day and it feels sort of weird being reminded of so called normal times Mood wise.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
I have been thinking back over the years since Paulines’s diagnosis then finding this forum/support group and sharing and reading experiences and life, as well of course of finding answers and gaining advice and experience. Like most posters the vast majority of what I have shared, especially my poetry, has been of trauma, distress, pain, and heartache but also the funny and love filled moments that I have shared with Pauline and yourselves of course. All of which it seems adds up to your sort of average sole carers life but made so much more bearable by knowing that whenever it takes me I can log on and either just brows the posts of others or tap out what I need to get off my chest and feel better for it. So, while life at present is on what I am calling a Plateau of Peace, I thought it an opportune moment to say, Thank You, to one and all, admins, hosts, moderators and of course contributors, you make the hard time more bearable, lifesavers all 🧡

Silversally

Aug 18, 2022
I have been thinking back over the years since Paulines’s diagnosis then finding this forum/support group and sharing and reading experiences and life, as well of course of finding answers and gaining advice and experience. Like most posters the vast majority of what I have shared, especially my poetry, has been of trauma, distress, pain, and heartache but also the funny and love filled moments that I have shared with Pauline and yourselves of course. All of which it seems adds up to your sort of average sole carers life but made so much more bearable by knowing that whenever it takes me I can log on and either just brows the posts of others or tap out what I need to get off my chest and feel better for it. So, while life at present is on what I am calling a Plateau of Peace, I thought it an opportune moment to say, Thank You, to one and all, admins, hosts, moderators and of course contributors, you make the hard time more bearable, lifesavers all 🧡
Well said, Agzy. And your posts also are part of this network of support and consolation.