So, it is now official - Vascular Dementia.

SandyRose

Mar 9, 2020
We knew of course, but it still comes hard to have it officially confirmed. He has wandered literally all day - this is new as in the last 10 days or so - mainly just round the garden, but also, today anyway, has taken off three times and ended up at my daughter's house (says he is going home?) Talking to the Mental Health Worker on the phone, he said his wife (me) was not there, so who was at the side of him, she said - a friend. I knew he did not really know who I was, even though he says my name.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my husband was diagnosed with vascular dementia on march 9[day after my birthday] although i knew long before.he has it mild at the moment for how long nobody knows. hes confused and memory is bad but he still knows me and who i am.i was a bit shell shocked but hi have worked in a care home for dementia sufferers and had training of the different dementias so know what lies ahead. its a day at a time

SandyRose

Mar 9, 2020
As you say, literally a day at a time, things are changing every day. The person I once knew has gone - and so, apparently, has the person - his wife - has too.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
As you say, literally a day at a time, things are changing every day. The person I once knew has gone - and so, apparently, has the person - his wife - has too.
i know i have the same. hes like a naughty school boy full of mischief and a sense of fun at the moment although he can be quite short tempered when he doesnt like something. looks like we are going to be on this journey together.