So, grateful

PalSal

Dec 4, 2011
Pratteln Switzerland
Hello TP friends,
I had been planning to attend a workshop in Zurich for the last couple of months . I first asked my two local kids if either one could help out, then one of my carers who comes normally on weekend nights not weekends and no one could help out. So, I then booked another carer and it was going to be quite a lot of money for the Saturday out. On Thursday night, I called the woman as it had been a couple of weeks since I had booked her services, when I reached her I could hear the panic in her voice. She had not put the date correctly in her calendar! She said she would have to phone me back. I waited about an hour and she called and said she could not come as planned. I then had to go into overdrive calling back my children and enlisting the help of one of my good friends.
Within a few hours, the problem was again solved. The good news is my kids and my friend split the day between themselves and the entire day was covered and I could leave town with ease.

I had a wonderful day in Zurich....beautiful fantastic weather, the Alps out in full glory and a great workshop. I am so grateful that I have learned to ask for the help I need from others. It is really hard to ask for help from family and friends, I feel I am imposing, etc. But it was worth it I had a great day!

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Well done! I find it very hard too, I tend to see it as a mother looking at the others need first. A saltory lesson.
Thank you. X

dancer12

Jan 9, 2017
Mississauga
Hello TP friends,
I had been planning to attend a workshop in Zurich for the last couple of months . I first asked my two local kids if either one could help out, then one of my carers who comes normally on weekend nights not weekends and no one could help out. So, I then booked another carer and it was going to be quite a lot of money for the Saturday out. On Thursday night, I called the woman as it had been a couple of weeks since I had booked her services, when I reached her I could hear the panic in her voice. She had not put the date correctly in her calendar! She said she would have to phone me back. I waited about an hour and she called and said she could not come as planned. I then had to go into overdrive calling back my children and enlisting the help of one of my good friends.
Within a few hours, the problem was again solved. The good news is my kids and my friend split the day between themselves and the entire day was covered and I could leave town with ease.

I had a wonderful day in Zurich....beautiful fantastic weather, the Alps out in full glory and a great workshop. I am so grateful that I have learned to ask for the help I need from others. It is really hard to ask for help from family and friends, I feel I am imposing, etc. But it was worth it I had a great day!
Hi PalSal:

Glad you had a wonderful day. I agree it is hard to ask for help from others. I too find it very difficult to ask for help, it must have been my upbringing. I don't know what. In most cases I just don't want to bother people, they have busy lives as well but I have to learn to ask more.:)

Sending Many hugs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lori63