So Cruel

Muggers

Mar 18, 2024
My mum is two months without food now, still sips tea, how much more can she take, bed bound and just mumbles the odd thing, her eyes tell me she has had enough, she is a skeleton with a heartbeat and it is breaking me. 😞

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @Muggers this must be so hard for you, no wonder your heart is breaking. Dementia is so cruel. I do hope that your mum is at peace soon. Wishing you strength for the days ahead.

mhw

Apr 4, 2024
I know it's hard but she might be waiting for your permission. You have to let her know its ok to go.
I tell my mum everytime I've seen her for the last 2 years,' if you've had enough it's OK to go mum, you'll be ok, I'll be ok, I'll see you soon x '
Sometimes they just need your permission 💕

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I find your post heartbreaking @Muggers and I’m sure you are suffering even more than your mum.

Her eyes might be telling you she’s had enough but is it possible you are reading how you are feeling.

Is she in pain or does she seem comfortable? I hope both hers and your suffering will end soon.

Ellie2018

Jun 26, 2023
Before these things happen, we never imagine thinking we would be happy to lose our loved ones, but it’s so cruel seeing them like this that we just want them not to suffer any more and our loss is less important than easing their suffering. Sending hugs.

Muggers

Mar 18, 2024
Thank you to you all for your support, it is a great comfort, mum doesn’t show signs of pain since being on the morphine patches. Xx
I have had the chat with her too, telling her to let go, to be at peace and that we will all be ok, I have made sure she isn’t waiting for someone, but still she keeps up the fight. Xx
Maybe it is my pain that I see in her eyes, we have always been extremely close and we are quite similar, we have had some amazing moments these past few months, she has given me memories to help me get through when she is no longer here, I will always be forever grateful for each second that I’m with her. 💞

jay6

Jun 25, 2023
Treasure those moments @Muggers there nothing better than happy memories. It must be so hard for you to watch when the love is strong. You are probably in more pain than you mum if she is on morphine, not that it makes it any easier. Love to you both. Try to stay strong. ((hugs))