snack bars in care home

sarah_j59

Apr 23, 2024
hi,
My names sarah, i am manager of a lovely residential and nursing home, i am looking to introduce snack bars in the lounges of the home so residents can help themselves and have snacks in between meals!
Does anyone have any ideas on snacks that will not spoil if left out?
I was thinking dried fruit, normal fruit, sweets etc but not sure what else, would have to cater for different dietary requirements also so as not to exclude anyone!

Any suggestions i would ve greatful!

Thanks in advance!

amIinthewrong?

Jan 24, 2024
Maybe jelly pots , soreen bars, rice pudding pots sorry I haven’t got many suggestions to go by,hopefully others have them.By the way I think a snack bar is a brilliant idea💐💐

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
hi,
My names sarah, i am manager of a lovely residential and nursing home, i am looking to introduce snack bars in the lounges of the home so residents can help themselves and have snacks in between meals!
Does anyone have any ideas on snacks that will not spoil if left out?
I was thinking dried fruit, normal fruit, sweets etc but not sure what else, would have to cater for different dietary requirements also so as not to exclude anyone!

Any suggestions i would ve greatful!

Thanks in advance!
are the residents being supervised? not all residents will eat what they are supposed to eat, diabetics, residents with swallowing problems, vegetarians, vegans, gluten/ lactose intolerant. crisps maybe - ones that dissolve in the mouth, normal fruit maybe without skins. check the size of dried fruit.

sarah_j59

Apr 23, 2024
are the residents being supervised? not all residents will eat what they are supposed to eat, diabetics, residents with swallowing problems, vegetarians, vegans, gluten/ lactose intolerant. crisps maybe - ones that dissolve in the mouth, normal fruit maybe without skins. check the size of dried fruit.
Thank you for your response, yes the residents in the lounge always have a staff member in their to ensure their safety!
Will look in to the crisps as that is easy enough!

sarah_j59

Apr 23, 2024
Maybe jelly pots , soreen bars, rice pudding pots sorry I haven’t got many suggestions to go by,hopefully others have them.By the way I think a snack bar is a brilliant idea💐💐
Thank you for your response!those are great suggestions!i like the idea of soreen bars!

Jake's Nan

Aug 12, 2021
Yoghurt coated raisins, flapjacks, so many crisps varieties now but homemade vegetable crisps are yummy 😋