Smart Pull-Up Trousers

Rishile

Dec 28, 2022
My husband has always worn jeans if we go out for the day but he is now struggling to undo and do them up when he goes to the toilet. He also struggles with the belt. Of course, I am outside to help him but it isn't easy when there are no/ limited disabled toilets.

I am trying to find jeans or smart trousers with an elasticated waist but I can't find anything except jogging bottoms. They are fine indoors but not smart enough for going out.

Does anyone know where I can find them?

DawnR

Sep 14, 2022
Northumberland
I bought some in M&S 2 pairs for £35 they sell them in Cotton Traders as well they’re a bit more casual.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I wondered about something like this @Rishile -

Channelite2004

Jun 3, 2024
My husband has always worn jeans if we go out for the day but he is now struggling to undo and do them up when he goes to the toilet. He also struggles with the belt. Of course, I am outside to help him but it isn't easy when there are no/ limited disabled toilets.

I am trying to find jeans or smart trousers with an elasticated waist but I can't find anything except jogging bottoms. They are fine indoors but not smart enough for going out.

Does anyone know where I can find them?
I typed in Mens pull up trousers on Amazon and where it says closure tick Pull up and several came up

Rishile

Dec 28, 2022

Thank you @Izzy. I am going to try and look at these next week but tend to find Cotton Traders are not usually as good as the picture but I love in hope.

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Hi @Rishile , I've had the same problem with my OH. I've bought the pull up pants from cotton traders. They are a heavy jogging trouser fabric but actually look quite smart They don't have the cuff at the ankle so not sporty 🤣. Not formal obviously but smart. My oh only wore smart casual , Chino type, before but struggled with zips and buttons.
I wasn't sure when I ordered them but he has seven pairs now. Really easy to put on x

Straight hem jog pants is how they are described x

Last edited:

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
Funnily enough, I bought something similar for my brother recently then realised they were regular length, i.e. 31" and he is short 29" so I took them back.

PS Probably no good because they have a zip.

Belgrave28

Apr 16, 2022
Funnily enough, I bought something similar for my brother recently then realised they were regular length, i.e. 31" and he is short 29" so I took them back.

PS Probably no good because they have a zip.
I have got ones of chums they r smart no zip

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Chums every time- select ''pull on''.

theyalso do halfelaticwaist,makes fastening easier which may be an option.

Easy no quibble returns

clare2017

Jul 8, 2024
There is an online company called Able2Wear. I have been buying my dad smart pull-up cords from there for years now and they are great. (They also do cotton trousers for summer.)

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Chums every time- select ''pull on''.

theyalso do halfelaticwaist,makes fastening easier which may be an option.

Easy no quibble returns
Sorry not my experience with chums. Had to chase for refunds on two occasions. Also they take your money for goods that turn out to be out of stock and they say they'll credit your account. I had to ask for the refund!

The trousers that arrived were nice but I'm not sure they are the best to deal with if problems.

Rishile

Dec 28, 2022
Thank you everyone but I am still struggling. OH is size 36 waist and 29" leg so difficult at the best of times to get trousers to fit him. His waist could be bigger at the moment due to Hormone Therapy he is having. His main problem is he can't do undo or do up zips or buckles on a belt. Buttons are OK sometimes but not others. Every on-line company I have looked at only has zips and buttons or are jogging bottoms/sports trousers in his size.

When he has to use a Gents toilets he often walks out with his trousers undone and I have to sort him out once he is outside. I don't like this as I feel it is not dignified for him. He can manage jogging bottoms at home so elasticated waist with no zip or button is ideal but we both want him to have something smart for going out.

I will be going to Cotton Traders in the next few days to try the trousers there. My experience with them tends to be quite negative because they can look cheap and nasty but, I appreciate, not always.

Rishile

Dec 28, 2022
Hi @Rishile a link to this company was posted previously but I don't know if you spotted these pull up chinos? No zip or button fly, and they are available in your husband's size:

Thank you @Louise7 they look ideal. OH asked me if we would be able to find a pair of trousers that would take a belt and I told him it was unlikely but he will probably forget about that idea.

Thank you all for your help. I'm not a lover of internet shopping and was really struggling to work my way through all the available sites. I now have two options and will show him when he wakes up.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Sorry not my experience with chums. Had to chase for refunds on two occasions. Also they take your money for goods that turn out to be out of stock and they say they'll credit your account. I had to ask for the refund!

The trousers that arrived were nice but I'm not sure they are the best to deal with if problems.
I ordered for years for my father, never ever had a problem. sorry your experience wasnt the same