Sleeping with 1 eye open

susiecol

May 8, 2024
Been with mum at the home for most of the day today.....I had a call last night to say mum was on her knees and had fallen from the bed..
When I saw her this morning,she had a terribly rattley chest,and could only whisper to me...she was in and out of sleep and didn't want to eat or drink....I went back after dinner and they had been checking her obs,but they were OK...but they called the gp out anyway,I kept getting emotional thinking 'is this it' for mum...the gp came and could hear mums rattling chest even before she sounded it,but all comes to all,shes been prescribed antibiotics.... ive come home now to let her rest,because she kept watching me out of one eye 🤨.....its just so sad to see my once funny dotty mum in such a sorry state.....

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
Such a worrying time for you @susiecol - I hope the antibiotics help your mum. We understand your sadness at seeing a loved one reach such a state. I hope that both you and your mum have been able to benefit from some rest since you posted.

susiecol

May 8, 2024
Such a worrying time for you @susiecol - I hope the antibiotics help your mum. We understand your sadness at seeing a loved one reach such a state. I hope that both you and your mum have been able to benefit from some rest since you posted.
Thankyou...im hoping to have an early night...