1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Side closing underpaints

Discussion in 'Middle - later stages of dementia' started by blue eyes, Feb 26, 2015.

1. blue eyes

blue eyes Registered User

Nov 6, 2014
    I am having difficulty removing my husbands underpants.Has anyone come upon or used Velcro side closing ones and if so where are they available from ?

2. Beate

Beate Registered User

May 21, 2014
    Female
    London
    Contact your local Continence Service for an assessment, they should give them to you for free. We were offered Velcro pads, I personally don't like them, but every patient is different. In the meantime, I am sure you can get them online, possibly on the Tena website?

3. jenniferpa

jenniferpa Volunteer Moderator

Jun 27, 2006
    Are you talking about incontinence underpants? Or are you looking for regular underpants with a side closure?

4. Beate

Beate Registered User

May 21, 2014
    Female
    London
    Oh - I hadn't even thought about that possibility...

5. lin1

lin1 Registered User

Jan 14, 2010
    Female
    East Kent
  6. blue eyes

Nov 6, 2014
    Yes regular underpants.

7. Jessbow

Jessbow Registered User

How adept are you with a needle? Could you buy larger cotton Boxers, undo side seams and attach poppers?

Otherwise disposable and tear the sides?

8. blue eyes

Nov 6, 2014
    Going to adapt boxer shorts by putting Velcro on either side