Shoreham CH Day Visits

Xeenies

May 19, 2014
Hi, my Dad lives in Shoreham. We’re lookimg for a CH he can go to just for the day , say 10-6, to join in with activities etc. Any ideas?? Thanks.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I'm afraid we're not allowed to make recommendations for a specific place on this forum, it's against the rules. Your local authority should have a list of available day centres.

Chrissie B

Jan 15, 2019
North Yorkshire
I don't know the place, but I found my mum's by asking everyone I knew who had living grandparents if they knew someone who went to daycare, that way I found a recommended one.. You could also ring his local Social Services and ask them.
If you know anyone who lives there aside from your dad, you could ask them if they have a facebook account and would ask if anyone can recommend a place for you.

Xeenies

May 19, 2014
I'm afraid we're not allowed to make recommendations for a specific place on this forum, it's against the rules. Your local authority should have a list of available day centres.
Hi, I understand but not asking for recommendations, just names.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi, I understand but not asking for recommendations, just names.

Talking Point does not allow care homes to be named for possible legal comeback so Beate is correct in what she says.

2.3 The naming of health or care providers, legal services and/or their individual staff is prohibited,

This site may be helpful for you.

https://www.carehome.co.uk

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
Hi @Xeenies, another link which you might find useful is https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/find-support-near-you

When I was looking for local support the search I did for local services to me via the above link brought up some really great options. You can filter the search to include just day care, or do wider searches for different activities and groups.

I was also pleased to see options which were close-by but not actually within my borough. It gave us more choice than I thought I had.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smattels