shaking all over in the morning?

totallyconfused

Apr 18, 2016
the last couple mornings, my mother has been almost vibrating. Her body shakes, more like trembling I think. It doesn't look like a seizure or anything. Shes fine when she gets up, walks around, has breakfast.She has myoclonic jerks which she hates so perhaps that is whats happening. She usually gets them in left arm, left leg but can be bigger sometimes. Consultant said theres nothing you can do for jerks.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
I suppose it’s possible that this may be something as simple as low blood sugar after the nighttime fast or low BP upon standing up if moving around and eating stops it. That said, if it were me I would run it past the GP as they will know the full medical history and nobody on TP will be able, or allowed, to make any kind of diagnosis.

I hope you get that resolved to your satisfaction as it must be a concern for both you and your mother.

Last edited:

totallyconfused

Apr 18, 2016
I suppose it’s possible that this may be something as simple as low blood sugar after the nighttime fast or low BP upon standing up if moving around and eating stops it. That said, if it were me I would run it past the GP as they will know the full medical history and nobody on TP will be able, or allowed, to make any kind of diagnosis.

I hope you get that resolved to your satisfaction as it must be a concern for both you and your mother.

This could be it as shes going to bed early, around 8pm and so by 7am, she wouldn't have eaten in a long time. Ive a habit of saying go back to bed for another bit a s its so dark these mornings but I need to stop. This morning we got up earlier, had breakfast and she went back for a nap after.