Shaggycalves

Shaggycalves

Jul 7, 2024
I’m new to this forum. My husband has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s although he’s not ready to accept. I’ve known for a few years but now it’s diagnosed so for me , can go forward. Im trying to learn so much and hopefully ill
Gain more knowledge being in this Forum

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @Shaggycalves and welcome to the forum. It is quite common for people not to accept their diagnosis so you are not alone in having to deal with this. I am pleased that you have found us, when you are ready please ask any questions that you have. We are all here to help.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello and welcome from me also @Shaggycalves to this friendly and supportive forum. There is a wealth of shared experience of dementia to be found here, so I am glad you have found us.

I am sorry to read about your husband's recent diagnosis. Even if you were expecting it, it's tough to deal with a formal diagnosis. As has already been said, denial is very common.
Do please have a good look around the forums. People here really do want to help.

Alice_M

Staff Member
Staff member
Aug 15, 2022
Hi @Shaggycalves and welcome to the Dementia Support Forum. I am sure you will find the knowledge here you are searching for, along with support and understanding from other members.

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis. You're not alone in this journey. There is a whole community here for one and other.

Ioan

Apr 26, 2022
I’m new to this forum. My husband has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s although he’s not ready to accept. I’ve known for a few years but now it’s diagnosed so for me , can go forward. Im trying to learn so much and hopefully ill
Gain more knowledge being in this Forum
Hi, my wife has Alzheimers and I have found the support her useful. You accepting the diagnoses is a start as you can now start planning for the future and making the adjustments for both of you