sensors for doors

mcflod

Oct 17, 2012
Hi

Can anyone help or advise? #on speaking to someone last night they told me about sensors you can have fitted to the internal doors of a house that you can then monitor from a PC to see how often a person is going in out of a room etc. She mentioned it because we dont think mum is sleeping very well at night and she thought it may be a good idea to try as we may be able to see times of night when shes not up and down the stairs etc. I had never heard of this but there is so many things ive never heard of any help much appreciated

Grandma Joan

Mar 29, 2013
Wiltshire
I've heard of such a thing or similar anyway. You need to look up personal security in your Mum's area.

Where my Mum lives she wears an alarm which she can press if she is in difficulty. She is completely independent it's not assisted living or anything.

But I know when I was reading through the literature there were all sorts of things that could be transmitted via the alarm to the company even incontinence but goodness knows how that works!

So my suggestion would be to talk to companies in your Mum's area.

mcflod

Oct 17, 2012
I've heard of such a thing or similar anyway. You need to look up personal security in your Mum's area.

Where my Mum lives she wears an alarm which she can press if she is in difficulty. She is completely independent it's not assisted living or anything.

But I know when I was reading through the literature there were all sorts of things that could be transmitted via the alarm to the company even incontinence but goodness knows how that works!

So my suggestion would be to talk to companies in your Mum's area.

thank you for your help and advice. Ive been looking on a site just now but cant seem to find anything about this. Ill keep trying and if not ill phone alz scot tomorrow