Security camera

Jake's Nan

Aug 12, 2021
Hi any advice re a basic simple camera that will just alert us if my brother leaves his home? Don't need fancy ring doorbells no one visits unless carers or me. Most are subscription monthly as well. He's only gone walkabout once but social worker advised getting something. Thanks

TessB

Nov 14, 2023
Hi. I bought two Olivia cameras from https://www.time2technology.com/
You download the Clan app (free) to your phone. There are three alarms available - motion detection, motion tracking and sound detection. You can adjust the camera angle via your phone, take a screenshot and record. Cloud storage is optional but there is a charge. I chose not to use cloud storage and any screenshots or recordings are saved to my phone. Once you've bought the camera, there is no further charge unless you want to use cloud storage. The camera does have to be plugged into the mains all the time. I bought the cameras to keep an eye on mum at night (so I didn't have to leap out of bed every time I heard a thump) and during the day as I was still working then, albeit at home.

Jake's Nan

Aug 12, 2021
Hi. I bought two Olivia cameras from https://www.time2technology.com/
You download the Clan app (free) to your phone. There are three alarms available - motion detection, motion tracking and sound detection. You can adjust the camera angle via your phone, take a screenshot and record. Cloud storage is optional but there is a charge. I chose not to use cloud storage and any screenshots or recordings are saved to my phone. Once you've bought the camera, there is no further charge unless you want to use cloud storage. The camera does have to be plugged into the mains all the time. I bought the cameras to keep an eye on mum at night (so I didn't have to leap out of bed every time I heard a thump) and during the day as I was still working then, albeit at home.
Thank you for information will check this out.

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
We’ve used the clan app too - worked v well and recommended. I used the motion sensor. As mum usually just sat in her chair I had it set to alert me should she get up - then I could just check she made it back safely again. I loved them!

Jake's Nan

Aug 12, 2021
We’ve used the clan app too - worked v well and recommended. I used the motion sensor. As mum usually just sat in her chair I had it set to alert me should she get up - then I could just check she made it back safely again. I loved them!
Thank you, I think we actually just need it for outside so we can see if he walks off. Don't really want one inside he's only 60 years old want him to have his privacy etc. Will check it out though. Thanks

Spottydog

Dec 8, 2023
I've bought a £60 Noorio for tracking the front door. No subscription etc. I needed one that has a long lasting battery. Fitting it tomorrow so can't report on function but it looks good quality and very easy to use. It can be fixed by a magnet or on a spindle.

Jake's Nan

Aug 12, 2021
I've bought a £60 Noorio for tracking the front door. No subscription etc. I needed one that has a long lasting battery. Fitting it tomorrow so can't report on function but it looks good quality and very easy to use. It can be fixed by a magnet or on a spindle.
That sounds perfect, will check it out, he's in a rental mobile park home so don't want anything fancy. Thanks

Carlybarley

Mar 29, 2024
Hi Jakes Nan, Having a mother with suspected dementia and worrying about her when I am not there I recently fitted a Tapo C210 camera from Amazon. Very reasonable price and I'm very impressed with it. It can be set for motion detection and I advise, to keep your father's privacy, that you set it up INSIDE so that you can see the FRONT DOOR ONLY. That way you get to check who's calling on them too and get an alert BEFORE your father leaves the house.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nignikki