Security bonds for deputyship

Chrissy47

Oct 14, 2018
Hi
I am applying for deputyship to manage my mother’s finances , I now have to arrange a security bond , I did this with the company the court of protection use but it said they would contact me in 2 days something to do with them doing a financial soundness check . Does anyone know what this means ?
Thanks

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I had deputyship for my mum and I remember purchasing a surety bond for her, but dont remember them contacting me about a financial soundness check. The bond is not paid for by you @Chrissy47 , it will be paid for from your mums money, so it wont be your finances that they will be checking. I know that how much the bond costs depends on how much money your mum has and therefore how much you will be dealing with, so that might be why they want to contact you.

Chrissy47

Oct 14, 2018
Hi
Thanks for the reply . I hope your right as my finances are shattered after having to support mum and pay her care fees due to waiting for this deputyship which has taken almost a year to sort out , so I really need this bond thing to run smoothly now haha