Saying Goodbye

Discussion in 'End of life care' started by Madge99, May 5, 2017.

1. Aisling

Aisling Registered User

Dec 5, 2015
    Ireland
    I am so sorry Madge.

Aisling xx

2. KatieRich

KatieRich Registered User

Jan 3, 2017
    Derby
    So sorry for you Madge . Lost my dad on 27th July . Had a instant feeling of relief that his battle with this awful disease was over. My emotions are shot to pieces at the moment though, every day is a new challenge. Sending you sympathy at this sad time xx

3. angecmc

angecmc Registered User

Dec 25, 2012
    hertfordshire
    So sorry for your loss xx

Ange

4. Scouts girl

Scouts girl Registered User

Jan 18, 2017
    So sorry for your loss Madge. Your dad is at peace now and free from his suffering. It is still though very hard to cope with losing a loved one, and I find each day such a struggle to see my dear mum deteriorating quickly with this dreaded illness and wish it would end for her, but know I will be heartbroken when it does. Hope you have lots of wonderful memories. Take care of yourself now. Love and hugs xxxx)))

5. Madge99

Madge99 Registered User

Mar 29, 2014
    Thanks for everyone's kind words. My initial feeling was relief, but now I'm feeling very sad. I know it was the best thing for him and he's not suffering now. Sometimes it was a chore, going to the nursing home to sit with someone who didn't know I was there, but I wish I could do it again. I miss him so much already xxx