Say hello

Skybirdsing

Jun 29, 2024
Hello all, my name is Sally C; I was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s two years ago; am now noticing my decline in memory and cognition. I live alone in a rural area of Tasmania - very beautiful - in a comfortable house that I designed to suit my older age - I am 82 - and don’t want to relocate to be nearer to services.

leny connery

Nov 13, 2022
Hello all, my name is Sally C; I was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s two years ago; am now noticing my decline in memory and cognition. I live alone in a rural area of Tasmania - very beautiful - in a comfortable house that I designed to suit my older age - I am 82 - and don’t want to relocate to be nearer to services.
hi Sally! greetings from Dorset, Uk. My husband is also 82 soon but has been confirmed to have alzheimer since 2018. Enjoy your living milieu fo a long long time to come. Will you be able to access/hire help later on?

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Skybirdsing. I’m so glad you have found us!

You might find it helpful to have a look at this area of the forum-

I’m sure you’ll find understanding and support here. Keep posting!

Last edited:

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Good for you Skybirdsing, that and hello and welcome from my from the other side of the planet. Join on and post. K

Skybirdsing

Jun 29, 2024
hi Sally! greetings from Dorset, Uk. My husband is also 82 soon but has been confirmed to have alzheimer since 2018. Enjoy your living milieu fo a long long time to come. Will you be able to access/hire help later on?
I have help; 2 hours per fortnight of household cleaning ( so welcome) and 2 hours gardening…a strong man who can prune, dig, do things I cannot. I find it increasingly difficult to plan and request the work needed…

Calon Lan

May 21, 2024
Hello Sally @Skybirdsing and welcome.

I’m from the east of England. My mum has Alzheimer’s, first diagnosed in 2019. She is 91 this year. She was born in Wales and like many welsh people she loves singing!

You live in a very beautiful part of the world. I would like to visit Tasmania one day. I have some relatives living in Adelaide.

SherwoodSue

Jun 18, 2022
Hello Sally @Skybirdsing and welcome.

I’m from the east of England. My mum has Alzheimer’s, first diagnosed in 2019. She is 91 this year. She was born in Wales and like many welsh people she loves singing!

You live in a very beautiful part of the world. I would like to visit Tasmania one day. I have some relatives living in Adelaide.
Calon Lan. Every time you sign in I smile. Lovely dad a lad from the Rhymney valley. We played Calon Lan at his funeral. The place was packed. It was a very special day and mum got such a lot of comfort from a beautiful sending off xx

Calon Lan

May 21, 2024
Calon Lan. Every time you sign in I smile. Lovely dad a lad from the Rhymney valley. We played Calon Lan at his funeral. The place was packed. It was a very special day and mum got such a lot of comfort from a beautiful sending off xx
Hi @SherwoodSue

It’s such a beautiful song and I can imagine that playing it at your dad’s funeral was a very special and precious moment. My mum was born in Maesteg in the Llynfi valley. She loves Calon Lan and she often sings it when we go for a walk in the garden of the nursing home where she’s living.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
My uncle’s second wife was Welsh and lived outside Swansea. When he died, a long time ago now, we went to the funeral. It was beautiful. The flowers has thistles and tartan ribbons amongst them. The service was partly in English and partly in Welsh. We sang Calon Lan. It was beautiful and I think of it whenever I see your username @Calon Lan.

SherwoodSue

Jun 18, 2022
My uncle’s second wife was Welsh and lived outside Swansea. When he died, a long time ago now, we went to the funeral. It was beautiful. The flowers has thistles and tartan ribbons amongst them. The service was partly in English and partly in Welsh. We sang Calon Lan. It was beautiful and I think of it whenever I see your username @Calon Lan.
❤️