Sad

Tomsamsmum

Apr 17, 2022
I lost my wonderful kind beautiful inside and out mum 2wks ago to vascular dementia, she was so loved, but I really take comfort believing she is back with dad who I lost only 9 mths ago to mixed dementia, mum never knew of his passing the last particularly 4 yrs have been at times horrendous with them both ,not just coping with their dementia but continued health and frailty decline , both needing care home admissions at some point, but we did get mum back home last October as we has several issues with her care in the home, she had been bed bound of late but with the 4 x daily care and family in between we did it though at times I was close to breaking point, and used this forum for comfort and advice especially through the lonely long nights when mum was so distressed and unsettled I knew I wasn’t alone and out there were and are so many like me . God bless you all x

SkyeD

Oct 3, 2022
Sorry to hear your sad news @Tomsamsmum
I totally empathise with you because my dad died 9 months before my mum (who had vascular dementia). (September 2022 and June 2023 respectively). Mum was also unable to understand that he had died, and it was an incredibly difficult time for all.
Wishing you strength and peace for the foreseeable future.
S x