1. noodle31

noodle31 Registered User

May 1, 2005
    kent
    Dad is now sleeping. His breathing is detriorating steadily tho....lots of long pauses. His swallowing reflex has pretty much gone. He isnt eating or drinking. They say it could be hours or a couple days but not much longer.

I sat with him and the rest of the family for near on 6 hours today, it was sad, very sad for us all.

As I left, to come home and see to the children, i said goodbye, told him I love him lots and to come by and visit sometime so I know he is around.

I wont be returning to the hospital.

I am sad

love Jane xx

2. daughter

daughter Registered User

Mar 16, 2005
    Jane, I'm so sorry. All I can say is that I'm thinking of you. {{{hugs}}}

3. twink

twink Registered User

Oct 28, 2005
    Cambridgeshire UK
    sad

Jane, I am so sad for you too. Reading that took me back a year to when Dad died. Not from AD. I do really, really feel for you. You will think of nothing else now until the phone rings with the news. My Dad went on Boxing Day so it's all very raw still. I have to say though, in my own case, I'd rather Dad went than exist like that. If he couldn't be well, I'd rather he slipped away.

Thinking of you.

Love Twink/Sue

4. oonaghw

oonaghw Registered User

Dec 4, 2005
    isle of man
    Dear Jane

I too am in the same position - one bit of me does not want to be there but I know I could never have closure without it.

I've just found out my lovely mum has c one week left with us - I live away from home and so have the dilema of deciding when to travel - her breathing is laboured and she's not eating or drinking - her swallow is gone.

I'll remember your dad in my prayers

love to you and yours

oonagh

5. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Dear Jane and oonagh, just to say my thoughts and prayers are with you both. God bless, Connie

6. Lulu

Lulu Registered User

Nov 28, 2004
    Dear Jane and Oonagh.

I am thinking of you.

7. Mjaqmac

Mjaqmac Registered User

Mar 13, 2004
    Jane and Oonagh. I was in the same position in March. My heart goes out to you.
    I found a great peace as my mother passed. I hope amongst the tears that you too both find a comfort in the final release from this nightmarish illness.

8. Linda Mc

Linda Mc Registered User

Jul 3, 2005
    Nr Mold
    Thinking of you

Jane and Oonagh and anyone else out there in this difficult situation just wanted to say my thoughts are with you.
    Love Linda x

9. Finnian

Finnian Registered User

Sep 26, 2005
    U.K.
    vigil

Adding another set of thoughts and long distance hugs for you both

Finnian

10. Kathleen

Kathleen Registered User

Mar 12, 2005
    West Sussex
    Dear Jane and Oonaghw

Thinking of you and your families too, I went through this last year with my Dad, it is a tough situation, I know,be strong for each other.

Kathleen
    xx