Rockbottom

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
You can buy your own key for disabled loos. I canidered it when i used to take mum out in the wheelchair.

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
You can buy your own key for disabled loos. I canidered it when i used to take mum out in the wheelchair.

Yes I have a key for disabled loos. They are the best option. But the supermarkets don 't seem to be used by key holders. They are open to anyone. So firstly they are always engaged. Secondly they are very unpleasant. They do help sometimes. Thankyou. xxx

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
I wanted to say a big thankyou to everyone who wrote messages to me after my post on TP. You are all amazing and so kind and everyone of you made me realise that my problems are not so different to everyone elses. Since my Rockbottom post there were several e mails back and forth from youngest son not very friendly most of them but I excuse him because he suffers severe depression and is very much up and down. Our eldest son had got pneumonia (which he hadn't told me) and still could be unwell for another 10 weeks. He also lives much further away so has to arrange to visit us. (Make sure we haven't gone to the Maldives !!! So at the moment things have settled a bit. I have different problems with hubby now. Toilet problems !!! Tried to go shopping today but just grabbed a bottle of wine and brought him home. He will not use public loos. Now he says he is frightened I won 't be there when he comes out. I can 't go when we are out as he is never there when I come back. So I have to go look for him. There are other things as well which may mean a doctor visit again. Love to all.xx

Casbow,

Am so so sorry.

Aishling xxxxxxxxxx

Marylil52

Mar 26, 2015
Thankyou. Will read up on incontinence problems.xx

Dear Casbow
My stepson has ignored his dad for years. Says he's too upset to deal with him. I have written (nicely) to him to tell him how hurt his father is by this behaviour. It's a waste of time. I send you big condolences and the assurance that you are not alone, at all.
The other thing: the advice about disabled loos is really good. We had reached a point where we were almost wholly housebound as D needed the loo constantly but couldn't use public men's loos. There's something reassuring about even the grotty disabled loos which means that nine times out of ten D will successfully use one. I bought the Radar key from Amazon! I think it was £2.50 plus p&p and it has been invaluable.
Good luck and bon courage.....

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
Dear Casbow
My stepson has ignored his dad for years. Says he's too upset to deal with him. I have written (nicely) to him to tell him how hurt his father is by this behaviour. It's a waste of time. I send you big condolences and the assurance that you are not alone, at all.
The other thing: the advice about disabled loos is really good. We had reached a point where we were almost wholly housebound as D needed the loo constantly but couldn't use public men's loos. There's something reassuring about even the grotty disabled loos which means that nine times out of ten D will successfully use one. I bought the Radar key from Amazon! I think it was £2.50 plus p&p and it has been invaluable.

Thankyou Marylil. I do have a
Radar key and have used it once. Most of the time he wants to go when we are in the supermarket and the supermarkets we go to do not have the disabled toilets locked. Therefore they are often engaged by other people. People take their trolley full of shopping in there with them! Babies and buggys!. The toilets are often left in a bad state. But have had to use them a couple of times. Thankyou anyway.xxxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Keegan, I often remind people who make such comments that I am right up there with technology and my phone can take incoming calls! Some get the message, most of the rest aren't worth your time x

So well said, Celia. Spot on.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Dear Casbow

That's where I got mine a few years ago. It's brilliant. No having to sign forms for it. You just go there and buy the thing. Easy peasy :)

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Casbow, I read through this thread and know the frustration of everyone leaving you alone. We were left like that as well. I don't have children so there was absolutely no one to call on for anything. Things only changed after my husband went into hospital after a bad fall. I was so alone for all those years, so know exactly what that feels like. I can only hope you can get your family to understand what life for you is like. You don't have to over-egg the pudding; just tell them your head could do with a rest now and then.

Much love to you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathy T