RIP Barry

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Thank you for letting us know.
Such sad news . My thoughts are with his family.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
So very sorry to read this. Barry always wrote with such honesty and from the heart. Sincere condolences to his family.

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Hi everyone,

Just to let everyone know, this thread was temporarily removed overnight in order for us to find more information. Sadly, from the information we have available, it looks like this news is true. We are deeply sorry to hear of Barry’s passing, and send our sincere condolences to his family, friends and to all of our members.

If anyone needs to talk to someone, our revised helpline opening times for over the festive period can be found >here<

Best wishes,

The Talking Point Team

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
I'm so sorry, what a shock. I loved to see his posts and baking tips. Thinking of you Barry and your family. I hope our messages can get to them xxx

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
So sorry to read this, RIP Barry and condolences to his wife and family. He always came across as such a kind and thoughtful gent - the TP family will miss him I am sure.

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Hi Guys I held off from putting any comments on for the very reason “Harriet gave” Barry has been a good friend for several years and we emailed each other several times a week . Barry we will miss you Buddy Rest in Peace and Condolences to you family
cheers Tony

Somthing Barry wrote which he was alway good at

All I want for Christmas,
Is to be the way I used to be,
With the acquiescence of body and mind,
And the spirit of a bird that flies free,
To walk the pathway of life once more,
With an equilibrium attuned to the day,
Without mayhem tripping at my feet,
Faltering me every step of the way,
To behold the awakening of dawn,
Ne’er thought of perplexities or dismay,
Nor view the setting of the sun,
With the fear of life slipping away,
And to embrace you within my arms again,
Gazing into those purest brown Doe eyes,
Without your weeping tears of lament,
Of my destiny towards ultimate demise,
So when you go out Christmas shopping,
In search of the wondrous gift to buy,
Pray try to find me a magical potion,
That rekindles my bewildered life…

Barry Pankhurst

Pollyanna

Jul 8, 2008
Very sad news, he offered an informative insight.

Barry's words above are very poignant now.

Thinking of all Barry's family and all his friends.

X

J D M

Nov 26, 2015
Scotland
So sad to hear of the passing of a great friend to all of us here on Talking Point. My greatest sympathy to his family and all his friends here on Talking Point. He will be sadly missed by all.

Jeanie 73

Apr 20, 2013
N Lincolnshire
Sorry that my original post was so short,but had only gone on FB for a second as was on my way out,and a wheelchair taxi was waiting! It was such a shock and my first thought was to let you know on here as it was the only other place I knew he posted on!
I will mis him greatly he always came to my aid when I didn't know if something was due to my Alzheimers or not!
Some one came on his FB page and thanked those who had posted support. Xxxxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
What a huge shock to read about Barry, so very sad. So sudden. I add my condolences to Sumi and his family.

Such a loss to TP, he wrote wonderful posts and I also learned a lot from him. I second all others have written.

With sadness

Loo

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
What a shock to read this . Barry always gave us such an insight . My heart goes out to his family . RIP Barry xxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I too would like to add my condolences to all those of other members. I didn't know Barry as well as some of you seem to have done, but he seemed to be a lovely chap, devoted to his wife and family, and I'd like to tell them how sorry I am.