Rigid Limbs?

PetAng59

Oct 11, 2020
Barnsley
Hi
all this talk about contractures, I'm not sure that it is the same with my husband, I believe he is in stage 6 of the seven stages and his mobility is still pretty good as his his physical health. However he has recently started to hold his limbs stiff when I am trying to dress\undress him as well as trying to sit him down on his shower seat and then we have the same problem when he is trying to stand up again. When I am trying to take his slippers off he won't lift his feet up and says he doesn't understand what to do. I have realised today that if I roughly tickle the bottom of his feet he will lift it up, that is when I can get to it. Not sure whether it is the same thing but any advice would be appreciated.

PetAng59

Oct 11, 2020
Barnsley
Hi @PetAng59 Does he have Lewy Body, or Parkinsons? This stiffness is absolutely typical.
Hi Canary, he actually has Alzheimers but has recently developed Parkinsons symptoms but unfortunately the Neurologist didn't want to give him the medication because it would make him confused and he is already very confused.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolinejohnson16@btinter